Dynasty Mode

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Am I the only one that has noticed that when you start dynasty mode with Bama the NCAA is on your tail right from the beginning? Most teams start with their NCAA interest at halfway or less but Bama's starts out with 2/3 or more.

Two games into my dynasty I had Ramzee skip a voluntary workout and the only thing I could do to keep the NCAA off me was to suspend him for the entire season. And with the points you use up by taking discipline on your players I will just be screwed if any of my other players act up. This is something else I have never understood is, how can you only discipline your players so much? Why even have the discipline points?

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I actually despise that 'feature'. The reasons and the NCAA's interest never match-up. Why would the NCAA be interested in putting schools on probation and/or taking away scholarships if a player misses a practice or has a problem with his weight (I swear that was a reason given in the '05 version)?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Glad that was left out of the 360 version. How does disciplining your team help make the game more fun? If I wanted real life I would go coach a real team. This is a video game...supposed to be fun. Maybe I'm just missing something here. I hope the 360 version doesn't add this feature next year.

Mav^

3rd Team
Sep 11, 2005
Yeah, I had to bench a player for 2 weeks because he "didn't have a good attitude in practice the other day." OK, so I guess the NCAA should give me the death penalty for that? I had to burn up 20 points for that.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
theBIGyowski said:
Glad that was left out of the 360 version. How does disciplining your team help make the game more fun? If I wanted real life I would go coach a real team. This is a video game...supposed to be fun. Maybe I'm just missing something here. I hope the 360 version doesn't add this feature next year.
Count on it. But I bet EA is taking a hard look at everything that they left out.
I do not remember what NCAA looked like or its depth on PS1 and N64. (or even if it was on those systems)
But I would hope there is more depth because there are no NCAA Sims around.
(Maybe EA plans on putting them all together next year.) If you dont want depth to your game? Turn it off. I hope that is where it goes.

What I would like to see is Rivals.com Magazines and writeups on recruits!!!!
Maybe even recruit videos and maybe sometype of face to face meeting with the recruit! That would be nice!
It will all come in due time!

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
theBIGyowski said:
Can you turn off certain features like that?
I was just hoping that it would be in later versions.

I was hoping the game would give you INDEFINATE amounts of features and would let you sim through them if you didnt want to do them. Kinda like setting the depth chart. (The game will let you sim through that. All you have to do is click the next series of events in the offseason and the computer will say something to the effect of "do you want to sim through all prior events?"

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
theBIGyowski said:
Can you turn off certain features like that?
Yeah, I don't think you could turn that off even if you wanted to. I noticed it while playing on my friend's PS2, right after we simmed the first season, bam Bama was on probation! I never liked that feature either, it always seemed like the same programs were the ones going on probation over and over again.

funnyman4ever

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Duluth,Ga.
profile.myspace.com
Something that I do to get around the stupid NCAA penalties/suspensions- Right after you play a game on Dynasty- save it before it advances to the next week (sometimes the game automatically advances after a victory in which case you have to hold you breath).
Once you have saved your game, then advance to the next week. If you find a violation has occured, simply exit out of Dynasty (do not save) and reload your season. You will find that the problem athlete has dissapppeared!

Note- Sometimes you might have to exit and re-enter numerous times- but heck, it's worth it!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.