Handheld Wars
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0

Thread: Handheld Wars

BamaNation All-American crmsnrevelation's Avatar

Handheld Wars

I figured I would throw this around.
    I amnot much of a handheld guy. I go for the immersion, but since its Microsoft I might just buy into this Idea.
    http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/...e-Explored/p1/

BamaNation Second Team

Re: Handheld Wars

For some reason the page isn't loading correctly for me here at work.....(probably because they block most of the game sites). Can you give a few details ? Is Microsoft putting out a portable system like the PSP ?

The IGN prototype I assume. It looks promising. I think Microsoft would do a better job witha much sleeker and compact design. But Nintendo is and always will be the King of Handheld Systems. The Wii will probably breathe new life into the company, but if Nintendo's console endeavours ever fail, they will still have the handheld market handily wrapped up for the taking.

The PSP to me, is nothing more than a Sega GameGear on steroids, light steroids. I really have to say Sony didn't step up when it was time to battle the Nintendo DS. Maybe Microsoft will be a better challenge for Japan's finest. Until that time, Nintendo still reigns.
    Crimson323 -Bama Loyalist For Life! Roll Tide Roll!

BamaNation All-American crmsnrevelation's Avatar

It has not been released by microsoft but the buzz is that they are planning on putting the xbox into a handheld.
    If you get a chance to read that article it is WONDERFUL.
    If microsoft can put in ALL of those neat features AND make it a phone. I have no doubts people will buy the crap out of um.
    That picture was created by an article writer for teamxbox.com
    It is not what it will be, It is just a guess.

I read the article. I was just what if-ing. I'd say that Nintendo has a lock on handhelds, but Microsoft would blow Sony out of the water at least.
    Crimson323 -Bama Loyalist For Life! Roll Tide Roll!