Strange glitch with NCAA 07 challenge system

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I played a game against LSU over the weekend when one of my DEs sacked the QB in the endzone for a safety. The play-by-play announcer even said, "And he's sacked for a safety!" Next thing I know, one of my players picks up the ball and the announcer then says, "Touchdown!"

Now a challenge is issued. I'm thinking, "Ok, it may actually work out better for me if the touchdown is reversed because I'll get 2 points and the ball back within scoring range."

The play is reversed and I'm thinking Safety. Nope. I'm having to select a punt return after 2nd down???? The challenge reversed both the fumble recovery for a touchdown and the safety (despite the QB clearly being in the endzone) and somehow forced LSU into 4th down at their own 1 when the play started out as 2nd down from their own 3 or 4 yard line.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I've had something similar when it was obvious that I was passing the ball...when I got hit...and the announcer even said something about me throwing an incomplete pass...but one of the defenders who hit me picked up the ball and ran it in for a TD. I was very confused because the announcer called it an incomplete pass. I tried to challenge it...but the game wouldn't let me because that play wasn't a candidate for being challenged. Can't remember if I won that game or not...I wanna say that play was one of the reasons I lost.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
thats a new one on me!
I thought you were going to say the glitch was YOU NEVER WIN A CHALLENGE!!!
I have never ever won a challenge on 360!
And you only get one per game or per half.... but I think its one per game!

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL
I've had the same thing happen with a commentary glitch on a challenged play, but I've also won a couple of challenges(catching the ball out of bounds).

bamadoc94

2nd Team
Aug 5, 2006
These seem fairly common. I tried to challenge a fumble in the endzone because i didn't think my receiver ever caught it. The replay for the challenge wouldn't go back far enough, it just started with the defender taking a knee. I personally think that the software people have some catching up to do with the new technology of the 360 and soon to be released PS3. I'm still ****ed there's not a muloti-player option on the 360. They've had that since it was on SEGA and called Bill Walsh.

crimsonnate

3rd Team
Aug 31, 2005
Nashville, Tennessee
If I win a challenge everybody on both teams loose their abilities by about 40 points each. Say I got a player thats a 90 after I win the challenge he will be a 50 has this happen to anyone?

Roll Tide

RTRinNashvegas

Oct 24, 2006
Nashville
i find that the challenge option is like flipping a coin. sometimes it gets it right and sometimes it misses it. i usually stay away from challenging if at all possible.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
I've had the announcers complain that I was running up the score for going for 2. But its what I needed to tie the game. lol

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
This game has so many glitches it's not even funny. I get about 5 pass interference calls a game. On 3rd down it never fails, when I change the alignment of my linebackers the MLB ALWAYS goes offsides while making his alignment. It's overly obvious that when this game was being developed ALL of the emphasis was on the graphics, not the game play. I was very disappointed in how the overall atmosphere/crowd interaction seemed to decline from PS2 or xbox, to the 360. Where is the screen shake? Sports Illustrated? Heisman presentation? Pre-game analysis? EA sports dropped the ball on this one.

If I win a challenge everybody on both teams loose their abilities by about 40 points each. Say I got a player thats a 90 after I win the challenge he will be a 50 has this happen to anyone?

Roll Tide
Yeah that happens to me except for its just some of my players namely the units involved in the challenge (i.e. running backs, receivers, ...) The odd thing though is i had a lineman lose he blocking stats but gain amazing speed and agility to become a RB. Very strange.:conf3:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.