Ncaa 2007

Hawk324

Suspended
Dec 5, 1999
AL
Hi gang!

I tried to search around to see if this had already been covered but couldn't find it, so I apologize if I missed the thread.

I was wondering about the EA SPorts NCAA 2007 game. I have played most of the other NCAA games and was wondering what differences / imrovements EA sports has made to the 2007 game. Are there many improvements? If I like a previous NCAA game, should I go ahead and buy this new game? In other words, is it worth it or is it more of the same.

BTW...I enjoy mostly the dynasty mode in the NCAA games.

Thanks!

RKel32

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2004
Madison, AL
Well, I can't really speak for 06 because the last one I had was 05, but my friend just got 07 and we have been playing it non-stop ever since. Some of the changes I noticed:

-Different controller layout(not much different but enough where it'll take a game or 2 of adjustment)
-Emphasis on special teams(more blocked kicks, close up view on punt/kick returns, new kick system)
-Crowd noise(now has a decibel level instead of just the bars)
-New playbooks/plays
-There is a new mode but I haven't played or tried it yet so I can't really comment. I think it's called "Campus Legend"
-Dynasty mode now has in season recruiting

That's it off the top of my head. I'd say it's definitely worth picking up.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I have the game for the Xbxo360...and I can tell you my favorite feature is the in-season recruiting. It's so cool to watch prospects increase and decrease their interest in you depending on how much interest you give them as well as how you play each week. If you want a 5-star receiver...you better pass the ball a good bit...same goes for RBs and such. It gives the game another level, but still isn't quite "over the top" in that it takes away from the actually games you play. I can tell you this game was the main reason I decided to buy an Xbox360.

New featurs in 2007 that I think are great:

OVERHAULED playbooks. They really added a lot of different offensive styles this year, including Nevada's Pistol offense, and a lot of spread offense formations. It has pretty much any offense you want to run.

Jumping the gun - If you control a defensive lineman before the snap, you can try and time it out where you'll jump off your stance right at the snap so you can beat the offensive lineman. It takes a little practice, but once you get good at it, you can easily take down the offensive lineman and have your DT's and DE's in the quarterback's face.

Kicking - The kicking control is like the analog swing control for Tiger Wood's golf. I like it a lot better than the previous control method.

Hawk324

Suspended
Dec 5, 1999
AL
Thanks for telling me this folks! I had read some pretty horrible reviews at EA Sports forums and was worried that the game might not be worth the money this time.

I have NCAA 2006 and it lets you recruit during the season too. I agree that's one of my favorite parts of the game. But it would be nice to have access to more offensive plays and that 'jumping the gun' feature sounds pretty cool too.

Hawk324

Suspended
Dec 5, 1999
AL
I can't play online because my fingers wont move that quickly. Plus those guys (some are just kids) know a million ways to cheat and I'd be totally lost there.

Lol!

bamadoc94

2nd Team
Aug 5, 2006
some thoughts:
If you like to play multiplayer you will have to get the regular x-box version. I have two friends I always play with and since we are all huge bama fans we started playing a dynasty with all three on the same team. At first it was hard but after a while we loved it, learning to actually run plays and block and getting hype together. Imagine our dismay when ncaa07 for 360 didn't have multiplayer. As far back as i can remember there has been multi-player. 0n the bright side, my 360 is now collecting dust as the new ncaa07 is awesome even on the old x-box. The jump the snap feature is great on defense. So are the new camera angles on special teams. The gameplay is great, no more finding one play and running it over and over. The artificial intelligence will pick up on it if you become too predictable. In season recruiting is improved, and the playbook is expanded. Entirely new scoreboards, new menus, and a whole new way to kick.(you have to use the right joystick or analog) Ignore the EA reviews, EA has fallen from glory in recent years with their basketball and hockey games, but they are still on fire when it comes to NCAA football.

Hawk324

Suspended
Dec 5, 1999
AL
Ok, let me ask this. Some of those guys at EA boards complain that their games for X-Box 360 have been freezing up. A few have said this happened on the regular X-box and several mentioned it happened on their PS2.

I used to play PS2 and my NCAA ames would freeze up on me. After burning up 2 PS 2 games, I switched to X Box and have had absolutely no trouble with 2005 and 2006. But I'm still afraid to buy 2007. Have any of you had problems with 2007 on regular X-box?

:confused:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Can't speak for the X-box version, but I still get the occasional and enfuriating dirty disc error on my 360 and this is my second disc! :mad:

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Ok, let me ask this. Some of those guys at EA boards complain that their games for X-Box 360 have been freezing up. A few have said this happened on the regular X-box and several mentioned it happened on their PS2.

I used to play PS2 and my NCAA ames would freeze up on me. After burning up 2 PS 2 games, I switched to X Box and have had absolutely no trouble with 2005 and 2006. But I'm still afraid to buy 2007. Have any of you had problems with 2007 on regular X-box?

:confused:
I'm on my second disc and I still get the freezing and also "dirty disc" errors. I know that it is not my 360 because I can play Halo2 and Call of Duty 2 for hours with no problems at all. I've researched the net and found all kinds of different suggestions for quick fixes and work arounds. The last suggestion that I tried was to boot up the 360 with no game in the drive. Once at the dashboard screen, open the drive and insert the game and let it load from there. So far (it's been a couple of days and about 5 games played) I have not gotten an error.

Also, as doc94 mentioned above, I really miss the multiplayer function on the 360. My 9 year old son and I love to play together, but we can't. I've passed my regular Xbox down to him, so we may have to end up buying the game for that console just so that we can play together. I have no idea why EA left that feature out of the 360 version.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.