"R" Month = Oysters?

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Not my thing -- but I know its an "R" month ... so are oysters on your menu this month?

Ready for Some Oysters?

With the coming of September and its fortunate spelling, even the most conservative of seafood lovers will enjoy the salty, seaweedy taste of the raw oyster.

Many people believe that raw oysters are to be eaten only in the months that contain an "r," and September ends a summer-long series of r-less months.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I ate three dozen raw a week ago, not quite in the R month and am still alive. Eating raw oysters is getting almost like eating blow fish in Japan. :) I have done that once too and live to tell about it.

BBQ OYSTERS

1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 pound unsalted butter
2 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 dozen shucked oysters, shells reserved

Combine everything but the oysters in a saucepan. Let sauce ingredients simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.

Place each oyster back in its shell. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of sauce onto each oyster and place in a covered BBQ kettle to cook for about 4 minutes or till the edges curl. When taking the oysters off the grill DO NOT use your bare hands those dang shells are hot. I learned from experience. ;) Serve immediately with lemon wedges.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.