Brentwood/Franklin TN: Good High School games this weekend?

mp24casc

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 16, 2005
Brentwood/ Franklin TN: Good High School games this weekend?

I will be in Franklin/Brentwood area for a soccer tournment for my girl. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good HS football games going on this Friday night? Also where I might be able to watch BAMA at a family place? Thanks RTR

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Re: Brentwood/ Franklin TN?

Hi there. Welcome to Middle Tennessee. The local soccer facilities are very nice. Good luck.

There are a couple of promising high school games. Franklin vs. Independence. IHS is located just north of the I840/Highway 31 intersection just south of Franklin. FHS is one of the top 5 teams in the state. IHS is a brand new school, with its first senior class, but features a good passing quarterback and they are 3-0 on the year. Brentwood Academy has long been a football powerhouse, but I believe they are in Chattanooga this Friday (they go a long way to get people to play them). Another good team to see is Ravenwood High (last year's state champs) vs. Brentwood High. Take the Concord Road exit off I-65 and go west. It will dead end into Highway 31. Turn right, going north, to the first traffic light and turn left on Murray Lane. It's down about a mile and only about 5 minutes from the interstate.

Be warned, however, that if you are used to very large high school football experiences (say, Jeff Davis v. Lee in Montgomery) you are in for a surprise. Most of the high schools in Williamson County have about 1500-1600 students, so everything is on a smaller scale.

Not sure about family places to see the game, but try calling Bleachers Sports Bar and Restaurant in Franklin. It's off Highway 96, a mile or two from the interstate. Despite the name, it is kid friendly. They usually have a lots of different games on and are accommodating if you ask for one in particular.

Have a safe trip.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Re: Brentwood/ Franklin TN?

Hi there. Welcome to Middle Tennessee. The local soccer facilities are very nice. Good luck.

There are a couple of promising high school games. Franklin vs. Independence. IHS is located just north of the I840/Highway 31 intersection just south of Franklin. FHS is one of the top 5 teams in the state. IHS is a brand new school, with its first senior class, but features a good passing quarterback and they are 3-0 on the year.
I will be at this game as my daughter is one of the mascots for Independence High and I am also a Franklin grad. This is a battle of Williamson County. Both teams are undefeated, FHS(4-0) and IHS(3-0). IHS is averaging 38 pts a game and have the top ranked(stats)QB in the midstate. This should be a great game! I would highly recomend this game. Game time is 7:30 and $5 admission. I would get there early as there will be a big crowd for this one. If you want to stay in Franklin to watch the Bama game Bleachers is definitely your best bet. If you want to watch the game at a place that is all Bama fans then Wilhagen's(alum owned)in Nashville is the place to go! I have taken my family there many times to watch games. If you need directions to get IHS or Wilhagen's let me know. Have a safe trip!

RTR

edpatton

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 10, 2005
Re: Brentwood/ Franklin TN: Good High School games this weekend?

Brentwood Academy plays at McCallie. The game is in Chattanooga, but it will be a helluva game. Number 1 vs number 2 in Division 2.

May 4, 2003
Larnaca, Cyprus
Re: Brentwood/ Franklin TN: Good High School games this weekend?

We lived in Franklin (Cottonwood subdivision) before we moved to Dhahran 14 years ago. My daughter was born there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.