Alabama Lady Tide ( Basketball )

AlaTider731

Feb 18, 2002
Alabama Lady Tide ( Basketball )

Alabama has to have one of the worst women ' s basketball support in the SEC ... we average 2 , 000 + a game out of a 15 , 000 seat coliseum ... the fact that we fell out of the ranks a couple of years ago im sure affected the attendance but still ... how does anyone expect them to go back to the top 10 with no support ?? this year the women seriously might make the NCAA ' s after a 2 year drought ( WNIT teams ... still not that bad )... reguardless if Alabama wins or loses thursday night at # 24 Georgia , if they just beat LSU on SENIOR DAY ( sunday ) then they will be 7 - 7 in the toughest conference in the nation and will have a good shot at making the tourney ...

Alabama has had a very successful program in Women ' s Basetball ... just in case you did not know , Rick Moody ( head coach ) has the most wins of men or women at the U of Alabama ... he has 269 wins after yesterday ' s win over Ole Miss ( 86 - 69 )... we have been to the final four , 5 or 6 sweet 16 ' s ... won the SEC regular season championship ... so come out and support them !!

ROLL TIDE !!

visceralbamafan#1

Apr 11, 2000
Mobile, AL
When was the Final Four appearance??? Barry Schollenberger(sp), ex-mens baseball coach was able to reach the final game in the CWS. But the program steadily declined afterwards.

How many non productive years are acceptable before you think a irreversible trend is in place?

Personally, I'm not too interested in watching Bama's WBB continue to be a mid level SEC program when I KNOW another coach could get better results. Non support is the only way I know of to state my intolerance for any Bama mediocrity. And this has nothing to do with loyalty. When a fan can see gross disparity between our program and other SEC programs, REPEATEDLY; than keeping a coach who is so incompetent is too self destructive for this fan to tolerate.

AlaTider731

Feb 18, 2002
alabama's final four was in 1994

you mentioned the baseball team....alabama's lone CWS final game appearance was in 1997 and that was under head coach JIM WELLS...the program has not faltered since then..they had 1 bad year last year....and they already back in top 11 this year with best start ever under jim wells....they also had a top 10 SEC champ baseball team in 1999

unless bama went another time that i do not know of..the baseball team has only gone under current coach jim wells...

as far as womens basketball goes....we finished 19-12 and 7-8 in the SEC..we were 1 win away from making the NCAA tourney just as last years 19-12 squad....we advanced to the 3rd round of WNIT all with road wins and finally lost on the road to Mich State

next year should be pretty good....although shondra johnson and lanisha cartwell are leaving...i think we have a great group of talented returns...especially the best 3 point shooter in SEC Beth Vice

visceralbamafan#1

Apr 11, 2000
Mobile, AL
AlaTider731

Re: Baseball. I was referring to the 1983 CWS. That was Barry Shollenberger's 3rd year at Alabama. We were the CWS runner-up, having lost to Texas in the last game.

We were 46-11 that year 80% winning pct. Over the next 12 years Bama was 58% winning pct.

Shollenberger's 1st 4 years had a winning pct of 64%.

Thanks for info on the year WBB was in the Final Four.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.