Heh!!! PoS3/Wee

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I see that no one cares to talk about it, so whats the deal?
I guess no one can get it, or cant put it down, or are displeased with their investment. Where are the PoSfanboys? I wanna know how it plays.

How about the Wii?
It should be readily available. Fill us po' folk in.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I see that no one cares to talk about it, so whats the deal?
I guess no one can get it, or cant put it down, or are displeased with their investment. Where are the PoSfanboys? I wanna know how it plays.

How about the Wii?
It should be readily available. Fill us po' folk in.
If I would have waited in line for days to shell out $600 I would be playing it all day and night.... I have decided to wait for the 360 to come down in price and buy one. I convinced the wife into $4K for the 1080P DLP TV. Don't think she will go with the $600 PS3..... If MS was smart they would drop the price on the 360 buy $100 bucks. After all the profit is in the game licenses not the hardware units....

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
If I would have waited in line for days to shell out $600 I would be playing it all day and night.... I have decided to wait for the 360 to come down in price and buy one. I convinced the wife into $4K for the 1080P DLP TV. Don't think she will go with the $600 PS3..... If MS was smart they would drop the price on the 360 buy $100 bucks. After all the profit is in the game licenses not the hardware units....
You can get the Premium at Microcenter for $300 after a $100 rebate.

Amazon is supposed to be selling the Core for $100 on Thursday.

You can hunt around for deals on the 360.

I'd hold off on the PS3 until they improve the game lineup, improve the hardware (reliability), and drop the price.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
IGN has a writeup on malfunctions with the ps3. Mainly not playing on certain tvs and what not..
I would find a link but ign's webpage takes 20 minutes to load on dial up.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
IGN has a writeup on malfunctions with the ps3. Mainly not playing on certain tvs and what not..
I would find a link but ign's webpage takes 20 minutes to load on dial up.
Yeah, there are issues with older HDTVs that don't display 720p natively. Instead of upscaling the picture to 1080i, the PS3 downscales it to 480p.

There has also been issues with HDMI with some HDTVs and backwards compatibility on some games.

Finally, there are already reports of PS3s overheating/malfunctioning. Even reports of the Wii malfunctioning.

What I find funny though is that it appears that few actually interested in playing the PS3. Most look at it as an opportunity to flip it on eBay and make some extra cash. At one point, over 36,000 units were on eBay. Right now, it is around 24,000. I'd say that between 1/3 and 1/2 of the PS3s sold in the USA were put on eBay.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Well 1/2 to a 1/3 is pretty steep.... If estimated launch was 150,000 to 400,000

But it is funny that you noticed the numbers from ebay.
havent read anything about overheating.
Looks as though from the ebay reports that either no one wants it or the market is begining to realize that systems are becoming overpriced.

Something is going to have to change in the VG market and it needs to change SOON. I am starting to loose my interest because the same run of the mill games are beginning to get quite stale.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Well 1/2 to a 1/3 is pretty steep.... If estimated launch was 150,000 to 400,000
They're saying that the launch was more in the realm of 200,000. Additionally, there was a Bloomberg article out today stating that analysts are estimating that Sony will get only another 200,000 PS3s shipped out by the end of the year.

Something is going to have to change in the VG market and it needs to change SOON. I am starting to loose my interest because the same run of the mill games are beginning to get quite stale.
That's the reason the interest in PS3 is stale right now. Other than Resistance, the launch line-up is pure crap or has 3rd party games that are just as good or better on the 360.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I picked up a Nintendo Wii on Sunday. Had it reserved so I didn't have to stand in line the night of the Iron Bowl.

I really like it. It totally revolutionizes the way you play video games. It has a main dashboard type screen that has different screens you can choose to go to (kinda similar to the Xbox 360). It came with "Wii Sports" which was really nice because those games get you used to the Wii Remote. I was skeptical about how cool it would be...but I am totally blown away. When you play tennis...you swing the controller like a racket. When you play golf...you swing the controller like a club. When you box...you hold the controller and attachment in each hand and punch. It really is cool and I think totally worth the $250...especially if you have kids. You get great exercise and you feel like you are actually doing the things on screen because in a way you are.

Nintendo Wii

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.