Here are my picks for champs and possible spoilers:

1A Champ: Brantley
Spoiler: Sweet Water

2A Champ: Fyffe
Spoiler: Luverne

3A Champ: Clay County
Spoiler: Winfield

4A Champ: Thomasville
Spoiler: Elmore County (sorry, hard to be objective - Go Panthers!)

5A Champ: Eufaula
Spoiler: Russellville

6A Champ: Hoover
Spoiler: Prattville

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
Well, let's see how I did...

1A - Not bad - Sweet Water is in the final. I picking Sweet Water.

2A - Oops! missed that one - I'll go with Leroy.

3A - This will be the best game of all six, I believe. I'm picking Clay County - they probably have the bst O-line in the state.

4A - Another good game. I'll stay with Thomasville.

5A - Eufaula is the real deal. I'm sticking with them.

6A - Did pretty good on that guess, didn't I? Should be a good game - Prattville will have an emotional edge with the recent death of one of the coaches. I going with Prattville in the upset.

Feel free to chime in on your picks this week!

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
TideHawk. I had Sweet Water in the first found of the playoffs and thought then that they would win 1A. Nothing has changed my mind. BTW, Sweet Water has a win over Leroy and thier only loss was at Thomasville early in the season.

Even though they lost to a lowly 1A team (Sweet Water), I think Leroy will win 2A.

I agree with you about Clay County. I think they are just too strong.

I'm picking Thomasville in 4A but I think it will be a great game.

In 5A I think Eufaula is just too strong and will win.

The 6A game could be a dandy. It is awfully hard to pick against Hoover no matter who they play. However, I think Prattville is peaking at the right time and they have an awful lot of emotion on their side. Hoover has to guard against both being over confident and against distractions. Between MTV being there again and the speculation that UAB is waiting until after this Saturday to announce that Watson Brown is stepping down and Rush Propst is moving in could effect Hoover. Prattville has to overcome the "close but no cigar" syndrome that they have had against Hoover for the past few years. While I may be sticking my neck out, I will go with the upset and pick Prattville.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
I hope you are wrong about that JoeWilly. If Athens is going to stop Eufaula's high powered offense they had better have a lot of speed. Nobody has been able to keep up with the speed on offense or defense so far. I don't really know anything about Athens except they have to be a very good team to be in the finals. Should be a good game. Let's root like h### for our favorite teams Friday night.
ROLL TIDE

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Well I'm pulling for Prattville, but getting worried by all the people picking the upset. Figured everyone would be riding the Hoover bandwagon. I think back two years ago when there was the same matchup, and Hoover jumped out to a big lead. Prattville finally calmed down and played a good ballgame but the hole was too deep. That was Larry Smith's SO year, and now he is a SR leading the Offense. He is not the only player they have who has "been there" and will hopefully not be starstruck. It will definitely be a good game!

Tigerhater06

3rd Team
Nov 29, 2005
I don't know that Sweet Water is a lowly 1A school they beat Leroy 35-7 in Leroy and lost to Thomasville 21-14 in Thomasville.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Tigerhater, I was being facetious when I referred to Sweet Water as a "lowly" 1A team. Trust me, I know how good they are. I worked their first round playoff game and nearly ran myself to death.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.