PS3 warning for video resolution

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
If you have a HDTV that does not support 720p or 1080p, the PS3 will bump you down to 480p instead of up to 1080i. There are also issues with picture quality with Blu-Ray movies if your HDTV doesn't support 1080p.

It's kind of hard to get one now, but I'd suggest holding off on the PS3 if you have a HDTV that doesn't support 720p until they get this problem fix. Sony had promised to fix it but they've just backed off on that.

link

Sony has contacted us to let us know that they may have spoken a bit prematurely. SCEA's Dave Karraker, Sr. Director, Corporate Communications, informed GameDaily BIZ that they currently cannot confirm that this 1080i issue will be resolved via a firmware patch. The official line is now that they are "looking into the issue and haven't stated any actions that will be taken regarding it."

Last edited:

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
Considering how long it may take for them to come down off that $600 price tag, they will plenty of time to work on it before it becomes an issue with me. (Oh, and more exclusives, too.)

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
Why buy the 360 or the ps3 if you don't have a 720p TV? Thats kinda like buying a 6 cylinder Mustang. Don't really make much sense to me.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Why buy the 360 or the ps3 if you don't have a 720p TV? Thats kinda like buying a 6 cylinder Mustang. Don't really make much sense to me.
HEY! I bought a 6 cylinder Mustang! :D

I didn't see the point of getting a V8 in Atlanta traffic. :)

Most people still don't own HDTVs. I think HDTVs only have about a 30% market penetration in the USA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.