Black QB's at Alabama

Crimson323

All-SEC
Dec 6, 2005
All Over
I was watching the Hoover/Pratville game for the state championship last night. Andrew Zow was a commnentator. I just remembered how long it has been, or at least felt, since we have had Zow.

So, I looked him up and found this....

Alabama Walter Lewis 1980-1983

First Black QB at Alabama, USFL - Memphis, Spent time w /NE Patriots

Alabama Freddie Millons 1998-2002

Primary Position was WR

Alabama David Palmer 1991-1993

Primary Position was WR, Finished 3rd in 1993 Heisman Balloting as a Jr.

Alabama Vince Sutton 1984-87-88

Alabama Danny Woodson 1990-91

Alabama Andrew Zow 1998-2002

Entire List of Black QB's

Big_Fan

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Wilmore, KY, USA
I was watching the Hoover/Pratville game for the state championship last night. Andrew Zow was a commnentator. I just remembered how long it has been, or at least felt, since we have had Zow.

Primary Position was WR

Interesting...Alabama has had as many or more than most Universities, regardless of geographic location. There are a few like Oklahoma and Houston that have had a lot more, but not many.

AlabamaSooner

All-SEC
Jun 28, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Call me crazy, but I thought Danny Woodson had a lot to offer at the Capstone. I know he had the reigns taken from him early in the 1991 season (I think because he wasn't running the offense Stallings wanted to), but I think he had a lot of potential. I'm saying this from what I saw from the stands as an eight year old though. :tongue:

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Call me crazy, but I thought Danny Woodson had a lot to offer at the Capstone. I know he had the reigns taken from him early in the 1991 season (I think because he wasn't running the offense Stallings wanted to), but I think he had a lot of potential. I'm saying this from what I saw from the stands as an eight year old though. :tongue:

I think his best pass was probably, puff, puff, pass.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Primary Position was WR

And, your point is...?

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
You sure don't have to look far to start finding errors . They forgot about Pat Washington at the barn .

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

hightide5

1st Team
Nov 18, 2006
Why did we not offer Larry Smith? the kid was great against Hoover and is going to Vandy. He has great potential and can run. JP can also run, but probably not as effectively.

Speculating, if our coach were PJ, would JP stay as QB or would we try JJ or Earl Alexander, QB in high school?

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Another M.I.A. - Jermarcus Russell .

This site is almost as accurate as an Alabama roster .:rolleyes:

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:BigA:

hightide5

1st Team
Nov 18, 2006
Jemarcus isn't at Bama, but he is good. Others, Chris Leak, Troy Smith, and Chris Nickson to name some others. Nickson has potential.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Jemarcus isn't at Bama, but he is good. Others, Chris Leak, Troy Smith, and Chris Nickson to name some others. Nickson has potential.

.... and who was it that said he was ?????

Did you open the link ?

CadensDad

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2006
Phenix City,AL
Why did we not offer Larry Smith? the kid was great against Hoover and is going to Vandy. He has great potential and can run. JP can also run, but probably not as effectively.

Speculating, if our coach were PJ, would JP stay as QB or would we try JJ or Earl Alexander, QB in high school?

I live in Phenix City where Earl Alexander came from (1.4 miles from Garret-Harrison Stadium.) This kid can not throw acruately deep. He throws way too high or too shallow. He can't pass at all under pressure and throws off his back foot ALOT. He's fast and strong and will amke a solid WR but he's not College Quarterback material.....

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
And, your point is...?
He is naming the black quarterbacks that played at Alabama. I like this thread, something I've wondered about myself, good find. My father's age must be catching up to him, the other day he asked me if Alabama has ever had a black qb. I paused for a second and said, "Andrew Zow most recently". Boy he felt silly.

dabaxter

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
Michael Landrum was the first black QB to take a snap at Bama. His son, Anthony, is one of the hottest junior running backs in the state. Side note, Michael is in prison for murdering his wife.

IMO, he shouldn't be allowed to live in prison for such a terrible crime. He should have gotten the death penalty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.