What is going on at WJOX (changes and Winches leaving)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
I personally dont like herby to much. too egotistical for me but i will definatly take him over PF anyday. Herby obviously is very upset and let the cat out of the bag in the paper WAYYYYYY before WJOX wanted that news of 2 sports radio stations in birmingham. Herb though has every reason to be upset. He did play a HUGE part in the start of JOX and he ought to be treated better than this. With the 2 different sports stations IMO JOX wanted to base the AM around Herb (the guy who started the AM station) and then build the FM station around PF. But with Herb being the egotiscially maniac that he is had to have the "best" I think more people respect Herb in birmingham than they do PF. I dont no many people that like PF (older version of Jim rome). I think if herb stuck around more people would listen to herb anyway.

But shoot if he wants to walk away from $225,000 :eek: :eek: :eek: just sitting in a room stating his opinion and feilding questions this obviously means a lot to him.

I'll state my opinion on air for a measly $100,000 and thats on AM:biggrin2:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
That's funny . Not a "B" teamer . Just what team did Herb think that he was on ?:conf2:

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Roll2vic

Scout Team
Oct 25, 2006
Herb Winches has been around so long it will be strange not having him on the radio. He has really been in some weird and funny situations over the years. I seem to remember something about the local constabulary being involved a time or two. The famous interview with Wimp when Wimp had no idea he was on the air was hilarious. I'll miss him.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA
What did Kelly Hunter do prior to being on WJOX? I know she spent some time on Fox News sports with Karle. She does some car dealership commercials from time to time.

IMO, she is great to look at but hate to listen to her on WJOX. I love her long blonde hair and know she likes to use her sexy appearance to her advantage but she is BLONDE, what would you expect? ha

I remember when Bama went to the SEC Championship game vs Gators and she worked for Foxs News then. She would play with her hair to get others attention which was nice, needless to say.
Kelly was with the Tuttle&Kline morning radio show in B'ham until they went to Texas. Actually it was a good show. Alot better than Rick&Bubba.

And Herb?... man, what an ego. I recall one episode on Jox, when they were on location at a sponser, coming back from commercial break, Herb was saying to Ray,(not knowing they were back on the air) "Dont touch the **** knobs, leave the **** knobs alone!" Guess he was afraid he wouldnt sound good lol....

123Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2006
I believe Kelly still does auto commericals for a Chev dealership in Bessemer, AL. I have seen her on TV various times, remember her on some local TV sports talk show after leaving Fox 6 sports news cast. IMO, she is pretty acknowledgeable about the sports and easy on the eyes as well.

Limestone Alumni

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 31, 2002
Athens, AL
I really get tired of Ray Melick. All he ever does is state the obvious and act like he has all kinds of contacts that know something.

I liked Herb - at least he had some personality.

Herb should have been kept on the A-team and Melick moved to the B-team. Just my opinion.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
And Herb?... man, what an ego. I recall one episode on Jox, when they were on location at a sponser, coming back from commercial break, Herb was saying to Ray,(not knowing they were back on the air) "Dont touch the **** knobs, leave the **** knobs alone!" Guess he was afraid he wouldnt sound good lol....
The funniest thing I ever heard on JOX was about 8 years ago on the Morning Express with Matt and Scott. Matt was doing a live ad for Lavoy's, the Itallian restaurant on Green Springs. He meant to say that the owner had brought all of the recipes with him from Naples. What he actually said was that he had brought the recipes from nipples. He tried to correct himself, but he and Scott both ended up with a severe case of the giggles and he just gave up on the ad.

This went on for about 30 minutes because everytime they got themselves composed, someone would call in and make a joke like, "I appreciate you guys letting us know what's going on with the situation at X University. It's nice to have WJOX keep us abreast of the situation." I was driving around with tears streaming down my face... :smile:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Anyone notice how terrible that show after Finebaum is?

Nobody calls in, so they resort to throwing stuff on the wall to goad people to call.

I can't wait for those jokers to get run off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.