New ps3 question for the gurus...

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I know not much action has been going on this board since CNS was hired but.... have you looked at retail shelves recently???

PS3s are just sitting their...
They are not selling AT ALL.

I have read on teamxbox.com that the majority of America is in the same situation as I am stating....
Just wondering if you guys are experiencing the same in your home town.

The only downside I see to Sony's downfall is that once Sony destroyed Sega that the quality of Hardware that Sony put out fell tremendously.

I just hope MS or Nintendo look at Sony's business flaw.

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
Alot of what I am hearing is people that have them are having nothing but problems, there was a guy in Walmart the other day while I was looking at Xbox games, he have bought a PS3 back to Walmart and was getting the XBox 360. He said it was a joke. I have heard of alot of people getting viruses and stuff because with the ps3, you have net access.

I have had zero problems with my 360

Last edited:

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
The 360 does not have a web browser yet...
But I havent heard of anything like viruses on any xbox machine... EVER!
The only type of virus i could imagine is not even a virus at all its modified xboxs that help people win online....
its like a virus that doesnt hurt but is just extremely annoying...
Microsoft has put out a patch for it though its called "Block User"

!!!
ROLL TIDE and Buy a 360!

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
You can't get a virus on the 360.

As to the PS3, it looks like Sony finally got the supply built-up to a decent level but unfortunately it occurred right after Christmas....when nobody is going to drop $500-$600 on a game machine.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Well having not actually played a PS3 myself, I can't really say if they're good or bad but I must say I haven't been impressed with what I've seen of their games and what I've read about them. I know the 360 didn't exactly have such a great launch lineup either, but the PS3's has seemed even weaker IMHO. Over time obviously that'll change like it did for the 360, but you'd think with the extra time Sony had between their launch and the 360's lauch that they would have done a better job with that. I can say that I've been thrilled with my 360 and can't wait to see what MS puts out for it in the future.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
I bougth a PS3 and have to say that it is everybit of impressive as 360 (I bought the 60GB one). Not many titles, but a slew are coming out in March and one of them beat the vaunted X-Box HALO in all catagories.

Having sd that, I think the 360 is the better choice, but I have both now.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.