Wow?

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
I absolutely love MMORPG's. That being said, I have made it a goal of mine to never get involved with one ever again. I would like to actually experience my real life. There use to be two things i was overly addicted to, EverQuest and Alabama football. Now there's only one. :biggrin:

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Yea, I used to play it constantly. I quit about a year ago, but actually reinstalled it this AM. Not sure if I will play longer than a month or not though. Just depends on how much I get into it this time. I guess my original caracter is still there, I dont know. Will find out soon...

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
Yah, pretty fun game. I am not as into it as I used to be EQ, but have a lvl 30 warrior and a level 19 rogue and 22 mage.

Unlike EQ, in the right zones such as Dusk, the warrior is a soloing fool.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
Yes, and lots lead a Guild there for high end raiding we did alot of server firsts. I stopped playing about 4 maybe 5 months ago and it will be the last one I lead in again lol. Gone are the days of that much free time.

My wife still plays in a limited degree and I though about just trying the new expansion out, but business is good right now keeping me to busy to get around to it.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
I played SWG and moved on to Guild Wars (which is awesome), and am slowly weaning myself off of it. I, like some of you others, am determined never to buy another MMO. It's a life I can no longer lead in lieu of a real one. Lol.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
I used to play, then my account got hacked. The hackers stripped my character and took over 1000g. Blizzard didnt do anything to reimburse me for my lost equipment and gold so I quit. Ironically, it was for the best. WoW crippled my social life and made me less outgoing. Its like an addiction. It requires so much of your time to make progress and therefore is difficult (at least for me) to enjoy in moderation. I'm happy that I no longer play it. And just like any other addiction, theres an inner struggle urging me to come back, but I never will.

Last edited:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Feral druid and shadow priest on Tichondrius.
Both 70, in approximately tier 4 gear.
Guild I'm in smokes Karazhan and is now working on 25 mans, and I'm about halfway done with the best pieces of the new badge gear, which is really good stuff.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Oh yea, I play way too much now.

70 Holy Pally
31 Rogue
24 Mage
18 Hunter

All on Darkspear. My Pally is in mainly T6 gear but I have quit Raiding for now. Just about had enough of it. My Rogue is now in STV and on a PVP server so thos of you familiar with the area know that that zone alone with all the ganking will make you want to quit playing. LOL

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
it sure has changed lol when I quit my BWL & AQ gear was about the best you could get well I did do some Naxx , but after returning I'm embarrassed to be seen in town lol.

Ran kara for the first time ... thats an interesting place lol

BigOaf

Scout Team
Oct 1, 2005
Sanford, NC
I've played off and on for a couple of years, and have a 66 undead warlock on Khadgar as well as numerous low levels alts scattered about.

Like others, I don't have as much time for MMOs, and WoW never had me addicted to the degree EQ did, where I was a pretty heavy raider. I'll probably unsubscribe soon and put that $$$ towards upgrading to high-def satellite - maybe mess around with EQ emulators instead.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I've played off and on for a couple of years, and have a 66 undead warlock on Khadgar as well as numerous low levels alts scattered about.

Like others, I don't have as much time for MMOs, and WoW never had me addicted to the degree EQ did, where I was a pretty heavy raider. I'll probably unsubscribe soon and put that $$$ towards upgrading to high-def satellite - maybe mess around with EQ emulators instead.
I have a 70 prot pally on Khadgar but am in the process of rebuilding an alliance druid there.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Feral druid and shadow priest on Tichondrius.
Both 70, in approximately tier 4 gear.
Guild I'm in smokes Karazhan and is now working on 25 mans, and I'm about halfway done with the best pieces of the new badge gear, which is really good stuff.
We're improving in SSC and TK.
Here's a DKP site I created for us: Ether DKP
We still have too many guests to use it for distribution, but it's there for attendance tracking.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
We're improving in SSC and TK.
Here's a DKP site I created for us: Ether DKP
We still have too many guests to use it for distribution, but it's there for attendance tracking.
I joined up with some old friends that run Mag,Grull Kara and ZA but alas they broke up lol.

But not before I got the helm and shoulders from grull's and a few pieces of badge gear.... need lotsssss more. lol

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
I was given an ultimatum. I was to attend raids regularly. Or, I could study and have a social life. This I was straight told. I laughed. Hysterically. In Vent. I then logged, deleted all characters(2 70's, host of others), and sold my computer.

The moral? To $#^@ with WoW. Seriously, &#%$ it. That game and those that treat it like a damn religion or second job can bite me. The worst thing I ever did was get my girlfriend into it. I had to lay down the law when she started to choose it over me. She chose me. And I'll never set foot into that sorry excuse for something to do ever again. I'd rather waste 2-4 hours a day picking at a guitar, studying, talking to my girlfriend, drumming, going out with friends, going on a date, getting a job and making money, working out, etc. than sit at a computer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.