2007 Alabama Signing Class (NSD 2/07)

BamaNTN

1st Team
Feb 5, 2002
Birmingham via Winchester, TN
Re: Stud WR Dwight Jones to visit 2/2

Man, this staff is really leaving no stone unturned. We'll definitely see the fruits of their labor this time next year....I have no doubt. Too bad it took until January to get Saban on board, but at least we got him and his hard-working attitude.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

We've gone from having probably one of the most passive coaches in the history of organized sports:mad2: , to hiring the absolute hardest worker in the game .:tongue:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Nice size. Could he possibly end up at TE?
I seriously doubt it, he's WR all the way IMHO. I don't know how realistic a shot we have at him, but talk about a "steal" if we were to get him! The job this staff is doing recruiting is UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I know this class isn't finished yet, but I can't wait until next year's class!!!! :biggrin2:

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/23)

Well, he lacks the speed to be a flanker. IMO, he's a slot WR or a situational WR inside redzone... unless he can be physical and become a TE like someone else said. Bottom line, he looks to be a threat in the middle of the field, not on the wide.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Where in the world are you guys coming up with this guy doesn't have the speed to play WR??? I hope it isn't from that 40 time listed on his Scout profile. Just click on the Rivals profile RTO provided and then watch the clips of him in action and then tell me he doesn't have the speed to play WR. He might not be a "burner" but he's one heck of a receiver and he's far too good to be moved to TE IMHO.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al

There have been several great NFL receivers that were not the fastest but knew how to get separation and run routes properly. Ever heard of Chris Carter.
If it was all about speed, I would have played at the college level.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Where in the world are you guys coming up with this guy doesn't have the speed to play WR??? I hope it isn't from that 40 time listed on his Scout profile. Just click on the Rivals profile RTO provided and then watch the clips of him in action and then tell me he doesn't have the speed to play WR. He might not be a "burner" but he's one heck of a receiver and he's far too good to be moved to TE IMHO.

Calvin Johnson

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Calvin Johnson
Could you clarify a bit RTO? I think you're comparing him to Johnson out of high school, and honestly after seeing his video I think he's very much like Johnson was in high school. I don't remember what Johnson was listed as running the 40 in high school, but I do believe he's gotten much faster since then. I don't think that 40 time for Jones on his Scout profile is very indicative of his real speed. He looks much faster in those clips!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Could you clarify a bit RTO? I think you're comparing him to Johnson out of high school, and honestly after seeing his video I think he's very much like Johnson was in high school. I don't remember what Johnson was listed as running the 40 in high school, but I do believe he's gotten much faster since then. I don't think that 40 time for Jones on his Scout profile is very indicative of his real speed. He looks much faster in those clips!
you are spot on, IMO

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

RTO, can you tell me what you know about a recruit named Josh Chapman?

Thanks in advance!
Obviously I'm not who was requested but .....

CMS offered him a GS , Ears told him the barn only had two DT's(LIE) and sold him on a full ride .

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta

Obviously I'm not who was requested but .....

CMS offered him a GS , Ears told him the barn only had two DT's(LIE) and sold him on a full ride .
I have a feeling he pulls a switcheroo...

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

I have a feeling he pulls a switcheroo...

I'd like to see him take LW's former slot .:smile: He's quite a bit quicker and faster at just about the same size .

RAM

All-SEC
Aug 2, 2006

Do we know who all we will get to come in for a visit this weekend, yet?

RAM

All-SEC
Aug 2, 2006

I think I found one answer on Bamamag. Thanks. And as long as it changes for the good.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I think I found one answer on Bamamag. Thanks. And as long as it changes for the good.
Devine isnt' coming this weekend. Will likely be on the 2nd or mid-week. SAT test is this Saturday so he's taking it and heading to FSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.