2007 Alabama Signing Class (NSD 2/07)

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/23)

you are spot on, IMO
Do you think we have a legit shot at Jones RTO? I feel almost as if maybe if it wasn't so late in the game we might have a decent shot at him, but as it is I don't feel too optimistic about our chances.

Hankster2

All-SEC
Jan 18, 2006
in a house

Quick couple questions and I apologize if it's already been answered but I couldn't find an answer in a search:

1. I think I used to know the answer to this: If we assume we can only take 5 or so more in this class, does that mean we can only have 5 (or so) scholarships offered at any given time or can we offer more knowing that not everyone with an offer is going to sign with us? Is there a limit or ratio of offers you can have out at one time or do our offers have to match 1 to 1 with our scholarship alotments at all times (I understand that not all the recruits we're courting have firm offers)?

2. Does anyone have a complete list of who Bama is currently offering (aside from those already committed)?

I was told the only dumb question is the one not asked. I'm about to find out if that's true.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Do you think we have a legit shot at Jones RTO? I feel almost as if maybe if it wasn't so late in the game we might have a decent shot at him, but as it is I don't feel too optimistic about our chances.
Probably a little late, but he is visiting.....

Quick couple questions and I apologize if it's already been answered but I couldn't find an answer in a search:

1. I think I used to know the answer to this: If we assume we can only take 5 or so more in this class, does that mean we can only have 5 (or so) scholarships offered at any given time or can we offer more knowing that not everyone with an offer is going to sign with us? Is there a limit or ratio of offers you can have out at one time or do our offers have to match 1 to 1 with our scholarship alotments at all times (I understand that not all the recruits we're courting have firm offers)?

2. Does anyone have a complete list of who Bama is currently offering (aside from those already committed)?

I was told the only dumb question is the one not asked. I'm about to find out if that's true.

1. You always have more offers out that scholarships available.....always. Just ask Ole Miss. Got my offer in the mail today from them.

2. Pretty much everyone detailed in the first of this thread (CS and my posts 1-3) unless otherwise noted.

JustaBamaFan

3rd Team
Jun 28, 2002
Carrollton,GA,USA
Re: Chris Walker is not visiting Alabama (updated 1/25)

Chris Walker has informed the Bama coaches that he is firmly committed to Tennessee. He will not meet with the Bama coaches or visit.

Bama Mag: Chris Walker Profile
Tennessee takes its football seriously. There have been good men injured in the name of the football in the state of Tennessee who were not even on the field of play. It is hard to blame the young man for being afraid to explore other options. Not many 17 or 18 year old boys have what it takes to respond with courage in a difficult situation. Thanks for the consideration Chris and good luck with your future at Tennessee, until you play Alabama. May the injury bug never bite. :)

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

1. You always have more offers out that scholarships available.....always. Just ask Ole Miss. Got my offer in the mail today from them.
You got yours also?

Mine said:

Saw you kick that other guy's tail the other day in that road rage incident on I-459.

YOU ARE BY-GOD OLE MISS MATERIAL AND I'M A-OFFERIN'

P.S. Bring some Dreamland BBQ when you show up for practice.

Hotty Toddy,
Coach O

DThomas17

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2006
Huntsville, Al
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/25)

Rivals.com changed Jennings Hester from a 3 star recruit to a 2 star recruit...anybody know why?

biglittlelittle

1st Team
Aug 14, 2005

It's because he's white. I don't really know how serious I am with this statement.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Surf or rto,
I saw elsewhere, from someone both of you would be very familiar with, that we may take as many as 23 with the attrition expected. Any thoughts on this? Could be one of the reasons we are seeing so many new names all of a sudden.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Surf or rto,
I saw elsewhere, from someone both of you would be very familiar with, that we may take as many as 23 with the attrition expected. Any thoughts on this? Could be one of the reasons we are seeing so many new names all of a sudden.
20+ is very possible, especially if a few greyshirt and/or academically ineligible

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

If we can land most of the prospects that are truly wanted , we will possibly over-sign . I think if we falter , we may still sign at least 20 .:redface: JOMO .

SimCastilleFan3

All-SEC
Sep 7, 2004
Madison, AL
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/26)

RTO just wanted to state to you bud that you have Kareem Jefferson on the list and its Jackson if im not mistaken!!!:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.