2007 Alabama Signing Class (NSD 2/07) - Page 7
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/23)

I think I found one answer on Bamamag. Thanks. And as long as it changes for the good.

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I think I found one answer on Bamamag. Thanks. And as long as it changes for the good.
    Devine isnt' coming this weekend. Will likely be on the 2nd or mid-week. SAT test is this Saturday so he's taking it and heading to FSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierForTide View Post
    I have a feeling he pulls a switcheroo...
    You and your feelings! I'd certainly be happy with losing Williams if it meant we could get Chapman in return.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    you are spot on, IMO
    Do you think we have a legit shot at Jones RTO? I feel almost as if maybe if it wasn't so late in the game we might have a decent shot at him, but as it is I don't feel too optimistic about our chances.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

Quick couple questions and I apologize if it's already been answered but I couldn't find an answer in a search:

1. I think I used to know the answer to this: If we assume we can only take 5 or so more in this class, does that mean we can only have 5 (or so) scholarships offered at any given time or can we offer more knowing that not everyone with an offer is going to sign with us? Is there a limit or ratio of offers you can have out at one time or do our offers have to match 1 to 1 with our scholarship alotments at all times (I understand that not all the recruits we're courting have firm offers)?

2. Does anyone have a complete list of who Bama is currently offering (aside from those already committed)?

I was told the only dumb question is the one not asked. I'm about to find out if that's true.

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEATtutorsee View Post
    Do you think we have a legit shot at Jones RTO? I feel almost as if maybe if it wasn't so late in the game we might have a decent shot at him, but as it is I don't feel too optimistic about our chances.
    Probably a little late, but he is visiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster2 View Post
    Quick couple questions and I apologize if it's already been answered but I couldn't find an answer in a search:

1. I think I used to know the answer to this: If we assume we can only take 5 or so more in this class, does that mean we can only have 5 (or so) scholarships offered at any given time or can we offer more knowing that not everyone with an offer is going to sign with us? Is there a limit or ratio of offers you can have out at one time or do our offers have to match 1 to 1 with our scholarship alotments at all times (I understand that not all the recruits we're courting have firm offers)?

2. Does anyone have a complete list of who Bama is currently offering (aside from those already committed)?

I was told the only dumb question is the one not asked. I'm about to find out if that's true.

1. You always have more offers out that scholarships available.....always. Just ask Ole Miss. Got my offer in the mail today from them.

2. Pretty much everyone detailed in the first of this thread (CS and my posts 1-3) unless otherwise noted.

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator

Chris Walker is not visiting Alabama (updated 1/25)

Chris Walker has informed the Bama coaches that he is firmly committed to Tennessee. He will not meet with the Bama coaches or visit.

Bama Mag: Chris Walker Profile

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator

Link Tide loses two verbal commitments (updated 1/25)

BamaNation Second Team JustaBamaFan's Avatar

Re: Chris Walker is not visiting Alabama (updated 1/25)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Surfer View Post
    Chris Walker has informed the Bama coaches that he is firmly committed to Tennessee. He will not meet with the Bama coaches or visit.

Tennessee takes its football seriously. There have been good men injured in the name of the football in the state of Tennessee who were not even on the field of play. It is hard to blame the young man for being afraid to explore other options. Not many 17 or 18 year old boys have what it takes to respond with courage in a difficult situation. Thanks for the consideration Chris and good luck with your future at Tennessee, until you play Alabama. May the injury bug never bite.

Big A Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/25)

Hoover DT Josh Chapman to visit this weekend. He got a visit from Coach Steele and received an offer.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    1. You always have more offers out that scholarships available.....always. Just ask Ole Miss. Got my offer in the mail today from them.
    You got yours also?

Mine said:

Saw you kick that other guy's tail the other day in that road rage incident on I-459.

YOU ARE BY-GOD OLE MISS MATERIAL AND I'M A-OFFERIN'

P.S. Bring some Dreamland BBQ when you show up for practice.

Hotty Toddy,
    Coach O
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Chris Walker is not visiting Alabama (updated 1/25)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Surfer View Post

Sorry to hear that. I was hoping we could steal him from UTK. Our "tree" seems to be shedding some lately. Hope we can replentish with better stock.
    "Tradition is the foundation that great programs are built on"

BamaNation Second Team

Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/25)

Rivals.com changed Jennings Hester from a 3 star recruit to a 2 star recruit...anybody know why?