2007 Alabama Signing Class (NSD 2/07)

Roll_Tide_Gal

1st Team
Jul 15, 2004
Oak Grove, Alabama
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List

DEFENSE

Defensive Linemen

Nick Gentry (Bama commit)- didn't show this past weekend, but appears he will reschedule. There were rumors that he'll visit some other schools, but I don't think he will before meeting with the new staff. Depending on his weight, he could play DT or DE. He actually might be better suited at end in the 3-4.
I remember him playing end this summer at camp. He was in the 260-270 range then, was he not? He could be a monster at DE in a 3-4. I can't believe I didn't think about that until today.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Cooper got an offer from CNS today. The previous staff botched his recruitment, according to his parents, lifelong Bama fans. Will be interesting to see if he even visits.

RAM

All-SEC
Aug 2, 2006

Cooper got an offer from CNS today. The previous staff botched his recruitment, according to his parents, lifelong Bama fans. Will be interesting to see if he even visits.
What do we think a full offer or a grayshirt, if we get all the OL guys (3) to grayshirt to bring them on this would be big down the road.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

What do we think a full offer or a grayshirt, if we get all the OL guys (3) to grayshirt to bring them on this would be big down the road.
It looks like it is a full ride offer. Cooper is seriously considering the offer and he said he should decide by this weekend if he will visit Bama. Stay tuned...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/16)

CS or RTO, I realize Phelon Jones was not listed at the top of the thread because he is committed to LSU. Since CNS arrival and visits to Mobile, has PJ been visited or shown any interest from or in Bama now? Or is he solid on LSU?

Also, is CNS visiting JM today?

Last edited:

LP-HSV

1st Team
Jan 11, 2005

Saban met with Phelon Jones yesterday and the meeting went well. That's all that was written.

GoTusks

Sep 18, 2003

Do we have a chance of turning Sidell Corley away from the Urban former Myth? Did CNS visit with him on his Mobile trip?

bamaboy22

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 4, 2005

RTO or Surfer I'm wanting to know the status of Andre Smith's brother. Are we actively recruiting him? And if so will he have to grey shirt? Any information would be highly apprieciated. Thanks Guys and have a great day. RTR:) :biggrin2:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

RTO or Surfer I'm wanting to know the status of Andre Smith's brother. Are we actively recruiting him? And if so will he have to grey shirt? Any information would be highly apprieciated. Thanks Guys and have a great day. RTR:) :biggrin2:
read the 2nd post in this thread and look under the Wide Receivers section......that's all I have

Orange Hater

Jan 18, 2007
Birmingham

Offense

William Vlachos (Bama greyshirt commit)- Vlachos, despite having new offers from the likes of FSU, is as firm as they come. I would not be surprised to see him come in the fall if numbers allow.

Im not sure if there are any other posts concerning this guy, but he goes to my school and was recently visited by Saban. I'm almost positive he is going to Bama.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Im not sure if there are any other posts concerning this guy, but he goes to my school and was recently visited by Saban. I'm almost positive he is going to Bama.

first, welcome to the board.....

second, Vlachos is as good as they come in the state this year. All due respect to Pugh who is a great OL, I'll take Vlachos any day. Plays with a good pad level and with a mean streak.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

second, Vlachos is as good as they come in the state this year. All due respect to Pugh who is a great OL, I'll take Vlachos any day. Plays with a good pad level and with a mean streak.
Definitely. All the film I've seen on Vlachos he's flying around smashing people. Looks like he was born to pull and find linebackers to eat. He already looks pretty strong and fit, too, RTO. Could really be a good one in a couple of years.

RTR

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Sounds like a Nick Saban kind of guy! :wink: I agree, I think Vlachos is a terrific prospect and one that should have a very bright future at the Capstone.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/21)

LaMarcus Williams says that he is still committed to Bama after his Ole Miss official visit. He said Ole Miss is definitely in the hunt and he likes Coach O but he said he needs to go home and think it over. He said CEO is coming for an in-home visit this week. Stay tuned...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.