2007 Alabama Signing Class (NSD 2/07)

Fishhead

All-SEC
Dec 8, 2006
Purvis, MS
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 1/29)

i was just talking to my buddy who plays ball @ Pearland HS, in texas, because i noticed that we had Sam Proctor under our list of recruits. Well in talking to him it looks like OU or LSU is pushing hard for him...any word on where we stand with him?:BigA:
RTR
LSU is not really pushing for Proctor. He visited this past weekend, but nobody thinks he's coming to LSU. Everything I hear points to OU.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Re: Latest Alabama 2007 Commitments and Prospects List (updated 2/02)

DE Rae Sykes eliminated Alabama and Florida and it is now down to either Tennessee or FSU.

Last edited:

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA

why is K Murphy visiting the U now..I thought he was a firm commit!Also,I'm ready for some recent news on B Gibson too!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

DE Rae Sykes eliminated Alabama and Florida and it is now down to either Tennessee or FSU.
Were we ever really recruiting this guy, 'cause I don't really remember hearing anything about him? :conf2:

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

why is K Murphy visiting the U now..I thought he was a firm commit!Also,I'm ready for some recent news on B Gibson too!
Murphy is in Miami and they are making a big push for him. The good thing is that he is still listed as a solid commitment to Alabama by both Scout and Rivals. I look for him to keep his commitment to Bama but I am uncomfortable that he is in Miami for the last weekend.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Were we ever really recruiting this guy, 'cause I don't really remember hearing anything about him? :conf2:
Yes, he was being sought by Alabama by both CMS and CNS. He has been listed in Commitments and Prospects list for a while. Of course I removed him today.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

I read tonight on a Miami recruiting board that they think that RB Lee Chambers is a secret commit to them. Chambers has reportedly eliminated Bama from consideration and he says he is now choosing between Miami and Southern Miss.

RollTide12

1st Team
Mar 2, 2002
Tuscaloosa

Murphy is in Miami and they are making a big push for him. The good thing is that he is still listed as a solid commitment to Alabama by both Scout and Rivals. I look for him to keep his commitment to Bama but I am uncomfortable that he is in Miami for the last weekend.
Do you think he just wanted to soak up some of the Super Bowl atmosphere this weekend?

Roll Tide

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Uh-oh, Miami boards have been reporting that Murphy will be a Cane since last night. I'm skeptical, but another Miami recruit (commit) that was visiting this weekend said in a recent rivals.com article that he was optimistic Murphy would be a Cane.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

Well Bama Mag has removed him from their list of top commits on their home page and he is now listed as a "Soft Vebal" commitment. I read on one of the Cane boards that he bought a Miami ballcap for himself and his Mother for his hat ceremony on NSD. The good thing is we will only have to wait another 3 days to see if he is going to pull the last minute hat switcharoo. :rolleye2:

Bama Mag: Kerry Murphy Profile

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.