Platforms for NCAA 2008

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I realize it's very early, but does anyone have any information as to what platforms NCAA Football 2008 will likely be available for? Obviously, the Xbox 360 and PS3, but what about the Wii, PS2 and Xbox?

On a side note, while I didn't play the Xbox 360 version of NCAA '07 extensively, I have to say I was not very impressed when I did play it. The Xbox version was far superior, in my opinion. The 360 version was stripped down and unrealistic, lacking in features and generally a disappointment as far as I'm concerned. The stadiums looked fantastic, but that was about the extent of it. Hopefully the next version will be a drastic improvement.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
The 360 version had to be redone completely. It didnt have all the bells and whistles like the old xbox version.

Also I noticed with a played a regular TV the gamed seem slow. However when I hooked up and played it on an HDTV it was much better.

The 08 version for the 360 should be much more improved over the 07 version.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
graydogg85...I have to ask you if you played NCAA 2007 on a regular or HDTV. I have it for my 360 and have an HDTV...I thought it was awesome. There were a few bugs here and there...but overall it was a great game. It had all the recruiting and stuff that the original Xbox version had...so what exactly were you looking for? I know it didn't have spring practices or "going to class" or whatever...but that didn't take that much away from the game.

My only beef with NCAA 2007 was that it was nowhere near as nice graphically as Madden 2006...which had come out 8 or so months earlier. Basically, the graphics were great, but sucked compared to what they could have been. I'm expecting the gameplay to be just as good if not better than the original Xbox 2007 version with graphics a lot better than the 360 2007 version.

GameStop is not showing NCAA 2008 for PS2 or Xbox...so it looks like EA will be exclusively generating NextGen games towards the end of this year. So either buy a 360 or PS3...or you can just go over to a friend's house to play it.

Really looking forward to NCAA 2008 though...probably gonna put it on reserve in the next month or so.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
graydogg85...I have to ask you if you played NCAA 2007 on a regular or HDTV. I have it for my 360 and have an HDTV...I thought it was awesome. There were a few bugs here and there...but overall it was a great game. It had all the recruiting and stuff that the original Xbox version had...so what exactly were you looking for? I know it didn't have spring practices or "going to class" or whatever...but that didn't take that much away from the game.

My only beef with NCAA 2007 was that it was nowhere near as nice graphically as Madden 2006...which had come out 8 or so months earlier. Basically, the graphics were great, but sucked compared to what they could have been. I'm expecting the gameplay to be just as good if not better than the original Xbox 2007 version with graphics a lot better than the 360 2007 version.

GameStop is not showing NCAA 2008 for PS2 or Xbox...so it looks like EA will be exclusively generating NextGen games towards the end of this year. So either buy a 360 or PS3...or you can just go over to a friend's house to play it.

Really looking forward to NCAA 2008 though...probably gonna put it on reserve in the next month or so.
I am like you.... I thought the game sucked until I played it on HDTV and it was like playing a new game.

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I did not play the game on an HDTV, so you're right, that probably made a difference with the gameplay aspect. In terms of features, I'll admit some of it is nit-picky stuff. But honestly, the NCAA Football series is about the only reason I would own a console, so I tend to be pretty particular. I didn't really like the fact that the players looked relatively unrealistic (QBs and kickers looked like body builders in close-up shots, a la NFL Blitz). To me, a lot of the players had kind of a hunched-over look. I thought the players actually looked better and more realistic in the PS2/Xbox version of 2007. Also, initially there were very few teams that had alternate uniforms (although I realize they were downloadable later on). As far as I'm aware, you couldn't edit players or change their equipment. One other thing I didn't care too much for was on the defensive side of the ball. It seemed like practically every deep ball thrown was guaranteed to be caught, and too many games ended up being 50-45 marathons. I know these might be nit-picky things and this was a first-year release on a new console, but I would like to see them improved drastically for next year's version.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
The 360 version had to be redone completely. It didnt have all the bells and whistles like the old xbox version.
Ok, so the PS3 just came out. How much money do you wanna bet that the PS3 version will have all of the features? Because I'm betting it will. Features have nothing to do with graphics. Tell me, what part did the graphics play in not allowing up to 4 players? Or even 2 player co-op!? What about the horrible dynasty system in xbox 360 NCAA 07? It has nothing to do with graphics! They dicked the xbox360. Plain and simple.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
All I know is both NCAA 08 and Madden 08 had better be much improved over the 07 versions on 360. If not, I may trade in my 360 console and get another PS2. Madden 07 on 360 was a disgrace. It lacked so many features.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Ok, so the PS3 just came out. How much money do you wanna bet that the PS3 version will have all of the features? Because I'm betting it will. Features have nothing to do with graphics. Tell me, what part did the graphics play in not allowing up to 4 players? Or even 2 player co-op!? What about the horrible dynasty system in xbox 360 NCAA 07? It has nothing to do with graphics! They d*cked the xbox360. Plain and simple.
Ea didnt D#ck the 360 they d$cked the fans.... less money invested means higher profits. The madden series will sell regardless. It is consistantly in the top 3 of games sold for nearly six months.
NCAA is the same but for around three months.

Invest 20 million make 100 million.
Invest 35 million make 85 million.

I know 130 million compared to 115 million doesnt seem like a big difference to most of us, because we obviously wouldnt know how to handle that kind of money. But to MEGA CORPORATIONS like EA it does. Profit sharing, Stocks, so on and so on.....

My guess is they sold at least 4 million copies of madden and ncaa last year .
at wholesale of 30 dollars a title thats 120 mil.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I am hoping for less glitches and better gameplay.
Yep. I have a 360 and was not a big fan of the gameplay. The version was essentially the same as 2006 with worse gameplay. I pre-ordered the 2008 version b/c i like the series regardless, but would really to like see major improvements.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Yep. I have a 360 and was not a big fan of the gameplay. The version was essentially the same as 2006 with worse gameplay. I pre-ordered the 2008 version b/c i like the series regardless, but would really to like see major improvements.
Agreed. Although, there were neat aspects of the 07' 360 game that were added. The leaping over down players, trotting through the endzone after TD's. Something to keep building on. I was VERY disappointed in the crowd interaction and the fact that the "stadium shake" feature was left out.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Back to the original question - Only the 360 and PS3 versions have been officially announced. I would bet on a PS2, Wii, and DS version though. Don't know about Xbox. Not going to happen on Gamecube.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.