Setting up filesharing between your PC and 360

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Have any other 360 owners out there had trouble with this? Have any of you done this? I have a wired network and I'm trying to set mine up to share files, but no matter what I seem to do I can't get it to work. Anybody have any tips they could share that might help me out? I would greatly appreciate it! :smile:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
There is a way to do it with Windows XP...but I never could get it to work for me. One of the biggest reasons I bought the 360 almost a year ago was so I could sync it with my computer to share music and stuff...but it's pretty much just a gaming console right now...in addition to playing HD-DVDs of course.

You might want to try the Xbox 360 message boards. I'm sure you can find it by going to www.xbox360.com or something like that. It has helped me at times going there.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I guess WindowsConnect or MediaConnect or whatever the heck it was that I downloaded, per Microsoft, to get it to work with XP never really worked anyway. No big deal to me...I'm sure Microsoft will address the issue at some point. I'm sure the 360 will work with Vista once they get it in full swing...which is getting closer and closer.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Yeah, you're supposed to be able to get it to work with XP SP2 (which is what I have) but for whatever reason I haven't had any luck getting it to work. You're supposed to download either Windows Media Player 11 or the Zune software and set them up to allow media sharing, but I've tried both and still haven't had any luck. I'm going to keep plugging away at it because by God if they say it's supposed to work I want it to work! :wink: :biggrin2:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Hey BIG, I've got it working for me now so maybe it's possible for you too. Turns out I had a couple of services within Windows that were disabled that needed to be turned on, once they were, poof the problem went away! PM me if you have any questions or if you prefer just respond in this thread. Anyway, for any others out there who might have been having this same problem, it is possible to set up filesharing between your pc and xbox360, but it can be complicated! :wink: :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.