First bit of info released concerning NCAA Football 2008

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Did a quick scan on what IGN has to say....
New game engine that dont focus on animations as much as relation to player on the field... I.E. If your RB's juke move is 3 feet and you perform it 1 foot away from the sideline. You are out of bounds because of the stock animation. THIS IS NOW HISTORY.
The quarterback can pass, or pitch while being drilled into the ground.

Online Users get to upload video clips and images.... and create highlight reels to upload.
also online users get Real-Time weather for the stadium.
If its raining in BDS at the time you start your game... It will be (if you so choose) raining in the game. Wind factors involved as well. This was inked between EA and The Weather Channel and updated every 25 minutes.

Campus Legend is back, only you start out in the HS playoffs... with real HS teams.... Hoover should definately be in there since the hype of MTV and National Rankings.
Depending on how you do in the playoffs determines if you get a good scholly or a crappy one.

The only info on Dynasty Mode from IGN is "New and Deeper"
Teamxbox.com says "Revolutionary Dynasty Mode Experience"
O boy they are going to throw out the points per week system...I hope its nothing that lame.
Sounds like alot, but if you remember.... Sounds like and is are two different things when it comes to EA (they usually put 2 or 3 new things in that you look at and go "thats nice..........NEXT!)
I dont know if you can build your own stadium and team or not.... would be sweet though.

Last edited:

Bama Shadow

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 12, 2005
Florence, AL
Well, I own 03,04,05,and 06 but will not buy a new one til they let you have 85 players on a roster. Never have figured that one out :conf3:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
"If during the recruiting process you promise a player that he will start as a freshman and you don't start him, he's going to transfer," Boyd says.
This option is only available in Houston Nutt mode.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well, I own 03,04,05,and 06 but will not buy a new one til they let you have 85 players on a roster. Never have figured that one out :conf3:
that one has always shocked me too. i personally always thought it should let you have 99 but only 85 scholarship players with the ability to award scholarships to walk-on players.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
that one has always shocked me too. i personally always thought it should let you have 99 but only 85 scholarship players with the ability to award scholarships to walk-on players.
I think that EA gets into name problems. :rolleyes: Have you noticed that there are always 20 people with the exact same last name (not Smith or Jones, but some goofy name). I've always wanted more players as well. I also wished that they could make a PC version so that they have more memory to work with.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I think that EA gets into name problems. :rolleyes: Have you noticed that there are always 20 people with the exact same last name (not Smith or Jones, but some goofy name). I've always wanted more players as well. I also wished that they could make a PC version so that they have more memory to work with.
That would make a heck of a lot of sense wouldn't it? I always wished they'd do that as well, in fact I held off on buying a console until I finally gave up that hope. I've always felt there was so much more they could've done with it on a PC platform, but unfortunately we'll never find out.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Do you know if there is a reason for that? I mean Madden is really fun on the PC. EA makes Madden and the same demographic that buys NCAA also gets Madden.
I don't know that they've ever come out and given a reason why they stopped making it for the PC, but it's been well over ten years since they last made it for the PC so I would think that's a pretty clear sign that we'll probably never see it on that platform again. It is a shame because there's a lot they could've done with it on the PC.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I'm surprised that continue to put Madden out on PC to be honest. It seems that most of the young PC gamers are into the fantasy massive player online stuff like WOW. One can always hope for a PC release.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Wouldn't sell nearly as many on PC, EA probably wouldn't profit from it. I mean honestly, it's more tolerable playing a game from your living room in the comfort of your sofa. With a 360 holding a 12 and 120 Gig hard drive plus xbox live, could a PC really offer THAT much more? Plus I just personally enjoy console games much more.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Wouldn't sell nearly as many on PC, EA probably wouldn't profit from it. I mean honestly, it's more tolerable playing a game from your living room in the comfort of your sofa. With a 360 holding a 12 and 120 Gig hard drive plus xbox live, could a PC really offer THAT much more? Plus I just personally enjoy console games much more.
You're exactly right. With the next gen consoles it's basically like you're playing on a computer anyway. The only way it would probably be any better would be if they went to the high end of gaming PCs, but with limited demographics in that area it wouldn't do them any good. Now a few years ago, that's a whole nother story because there would have been a ton more they could have done with it on a PC platform than they could have on PS2 and Xbox. I always wanted to see it return to the PC, but now that I've gotten a 360 I could really care less.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Are the new generation consoles really that similar to a PC? I am not a big technology guy, so I don't know RAM from ROM or memory capabilities, but can't believe consoles have gotten that amazing in a few years.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
From what I Understand...... The Xbox 360 was the most powerful CPU on the planet until the Playstation 3's Cell processor came out.

Most new pc's comming out have dual core processors... the xbox 360 has 3 processors. Gaming consoles are FAR surperior to thier counterpart pc's for around 2-3 years. the last years of the of a consoles life begin to lag behind pc capabilites.

Similarities of PC's and Consoles? The PC and console will soon be one thing. The entertainment center. Microsoft and apple are working on a new television service which will require a new box in the entertainment center. Microsoft is hoping to make the next xbox THE home entertainment box. Music Moives Internet Games Pictures. My only hope is that these systems are not dependant on a mouse. I hate PC gaming.

As far as madden on PC..... I have never played it and dont know how i could.
I have becomed too accustomed to a controller.

Last edited:

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
Most new pc's comming out have dual core processors... the xbox 360 has 3 processors. Gaming consoles are FAR surperior to thier counterpart pc's for around 2-3 years. the last years of the of a consoles life begin to lag behind pc capabilites.
Superior in what way? Maybe in some aspect of gaming such as sports but thats about it. True the graphics are better when consoles are first released but that changes pretty quick.

My only hope is that these systems are not dependant on a mouse. I hate PC gaming.
PC gaming is best for RTS, some RPG's and all FPS.

Consoles are much better for playing sports games such as Madden.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Are the new generation consoles really that similar to a PC? I am not a big technology guy, so I don't know RAM from ROM or memory capabilities, but can't believe consoles have gotten that amazing in a few years.
Next gen consoles rival and in many cases surpass today's PCs when it comes to gaming. In most cases they have more processing power and equally as good graphics systems. Now they're including hard drives. Thus the main reason why they've become more expensive.

I played Madden for many years on the PC. There are several console like controllers one could choose from as opposed to playing with the keyboard. It's really no different from playing on a console other than your playing on a smaller screen.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Superior in what way? Maybe in some aspect of gaming such as sports but thats about it. True the graphics are better when consoles are first released but that changes pretty quick.

PC gaming is best for RTS, some RPG's and all FPS.

Consoles are much better for playing sports games such as Madden.
I used to be a big PC guy until I got the Xbox 360. The only reason PC's are better for RTS, RPG's, and FPS games is because those games work better with a mouse and keyboard. It has nothing to do with graphics...and if it does it is because of the developer and not the hardware differences.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.