First bit of info released concerning NCAA Football 2008 - Page 4
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar

Re: First bit of info released concerning NCAA Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by bamapride79 View Post
    Superior in what way? Maybe in some aspect of gaming such as sports but thats about it. True the graphics are better when consoles are first released but that changes pretty quick.

PC gaming is best for RTS, some RPG's and all FPS.

Consoles are much better for playing sports games such as Madden.
    I used to be a big PC guy until I got the Xbox 360. The only reason PC's are better for RTS, RPG's, and FPS games is because those games work better with a mouse and keyboard. It has nothing to do with graphics...and if it does it is because of the developer and not the hardware differences.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by theBIGyowski View Post
    I used to be a big PC guy until I got the Xbox 360. The only reason PC's are better for RTS, RPG's, and FPS games is because those games work better with a mouse and keyboard. It has nothing to do with graphics...and if it does it is because of the developer and not the hardware differences.
    I didn't specify graphics as the reason PC gaming is superior for those types of games. The main reason is mouse and keyboard. Although the mod community can make a game more interesting for a longer amount of time.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by crmsnrevelation View Post

As far as madden on PC..... I have never played it and dont know how i could.
    I have becomed too accustomed to a controller.
    I use the 360 controller for the PC version, so I don't have to deal with the mouse and hotkeys. I have a 360, but was extremely disapoointed with NCAA 2007. That's what sparked my interest in PC games.

BamaNation Second Team TraditionAL's Avatar

Big A Re: First bit of info released concerning NCAA Football 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Queasy1 View Post
    UH-OH! Sounds like Tubberville will suck at this game!
    Geez, in a few years when this game is released, if you commit a violation, I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get a real letter from the NCAA in the mail the next day! LOL!

BamaNation All-SEC

Here's a interview with one of the designers.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...e=wmv&id=19324
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

BamaNation All-American crmsnrevelation's Avatar

http://media.video.ign.com/ev/av.htm...ject_ID=890431

New gameplay movies!

Plus updated impressions....

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/787/787313p1.html

Darren McFadden is the only 99 rated player in the game.
    "Alabama, though, simply had enough. Enough of Tebow, enough of hearing about the Gators' talent, enough of the insipid Gator chomp cheer, enough of Urban Meyer's smirking, Tebow-cuddling sideline demeanor.
    And history has shown, over and over again, that when Alabama has had enough of something, the Tide tends to rectify the situation with great haste and forcefulness."
    --JessN--

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

if they do not change the limit of 70 players i doubt i will buy the next one. i have sometimes had to cut players i did not want to cut.

has anyone preordered this?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exbama21 View Post
    if they do not change the limit of 70 players i doubt i will buy the next one. i have sometimes had to cut players i did not want to cut.

I doubt it will change for the 08 version.

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exbama21 View Post

I pre-ordered it a few months ago. There was nothing cool coming out at the time and I had 3-4 games I traded in that I wasn't playing anymore. As much as I care about all the bells and whistles...the main reason I am buying this game is to feed my addiction of Alabama Football. It will no doubt have the new stadium this year, which will be amazing to play in. The new "career" mode where you take an existing player on a team or create a HS player and guide him through college is really, really cool. It was the same kind of thing that made Madden 2006 on the PC/Xbox/PS2 enjoyable and fun. Trust me, this game will be worth it.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

BamaNation All-American crmsnrevelation's Avatar

http://sports.ign.com/articles/791/791946p1.html

if only the commentary were as good as the clip on this page..... Sigh...

I get tired of quoting the stupid game after 30 minutes
    "Alabama, though, simply had enough. Enough of Tebow, enough of hearing about the Gators' talent, enough of the insipid Gator chomp cheer, enough of Urban Meyer's smirking, Tebow-cuddling sideline demeanor.
    And history has shown, over and over again, that when Alabama has had enough of something, the Tide tends to rectify the situation with great haste and forcefulness."
    --JessN--