360 problems.. help!!

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
i recently was watching a movie on my 360 and at the end when i was turning it off the circle that usually lights up green on the front of the xbox light up red and was flashing then i turned off... now it is a week later and it still wont turn on .. anybody know what could have happened? and wut i could do???!!!!!!

thanks!

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
Im not 100 percent sure but i think that means your system is fried. You will probably have to send it back to Microsoft and get them to send you another one.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
How long have you had your 360? Who did you buy it from? Did you purchase an extended warranty?

If you didn't buy an extended warranty when you purchased your 360, Call MS Customer Support. If you've had your 360 for less than a year they will replace it.

If you bought it from a store and purchased an extended warranty from that store, take it to the store and exchange it for a new one.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Sounds like you've been hit with the dreaded "rings of death." I'd try and replace it if at all possible if I were you.

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta
First thing I would do is try to figure out if it's your power supply. That seems to be the most common among my friends. If you have the "3 red lights of doom", you're just screwed.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
the ring is broken into 4 quadrants....
if only 3 light up then your system is fried!
if all 4 light up then its a power problem....

Solider for the tide, for being overseas you have the 360 down pat!
welcome home

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
lol im so dumb.... it was the 4 lights THANK GOD!... but, my xbox sat there for a week while i was depressed then i started messing w/ it and figured out that the cord that connects into the huge gray box on the power cord wasn't in all the way............ sorry, but thanks for the help

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta
the ring is broken into 4 quadrants....
if only 3 light up then your system is fried!
if all 4 light up then its a power problem....

Solider for the tide, for being overseas you have the 360 down pat!
welcome home
I fancy myself on knowing tons of useless knowledge. Oddly enough, people bought 360s a lot over there. The sand got in the power supply somehow and would end many 360s. WE could find no solution with people who had the 3 lights, so we just called it the 3 red lights of doom.

I'm sure you all feel dumber for reading this whole paragraph. I love video games and computers etc.:biggrin2:

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I am considering buying an XBox 360, is this a problem that happens often? The last thing I want is to pay $300 for something that turns out to be useless.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I am considering buying an XBox 360, is this a problem that happens often? The last thing I want is to pay $300 for something that turns out to be useless.
Unfortunately it does happen. I haven't had it happen to me personally (KNOCKS ON WOOD :)) but I wouldn't let it discourage you from buying a system. Just make sure you get the extended warranty though! ;)

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
It can happen. There is a rather large failure rate for the 360. Thing is, it seems to be very localized (probably attributable to MS using multiple manufacturers). Get an extended warranty if you get a 360. Preferably from the store so you don't have to wait while your 360 gets shipped to MS and back.

MS seems to be getting around the problem now by adding in an extra heatsink for now. Hopefully, when they come out with the 65nm build, the problems will be addressed.

For reference, I've got two 360s and have had only one failure that I think was caused by the first mandatory system patch not long after the 360 debuted. Both have been running everything from Shrek to Gears of War to original Xbox games just fine.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I have had 3 die on me..... GRRRR. now they say i have to pay to have it fixed.

If you are going to buy one... before you do so take it out of the box and check the born on date on the back of the console. If it was made in q3 or q4 of 2006 then you should be fine. If it was made before july 06 buy a warrenty

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.