NCAA 2008 ratings predictions...

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
Hey fellas, after watching A-Day I think I now have enough info to try to predict some of Bama's ratings for ncaa 2008. Let me know what y'all think.

Offense
QB Wilson - 87 (68 speed)
RB Grant - 82 (95 speed)
RB Johns - 82 (87 speed)
WR Hall - 94 (93 speed) -----> IMPACT PLAYER
WR Brown - 88 (92 speed)
WR Stover - 86 (90 speed)
OL Smith - 87
OL Stabler - 84
OL Caldwell - 90
OL Britt - 80
OL Davis - 82

Defense
DE Gilberry - 94 -------> IMPACT PLAYER
DE Greenwood - 87
NG Motley - 78
OLB Knight - 80
MLB Hall - 88
MLB Mustin - 80
OLB Saunders - 84
CB Castille - 92 ---------> IMPACT PLAYER
CB Mitchell - 82
SS Carter - 84
FS Johnson - 86

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I guarentee you that JJ will be the only Bama back with a rating of at least 80. I'm not saying that's the way it should be but it's what think will happen. I'll post my predictions later. I have to think about them for a while. :)

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I think the RBs will be rated lower mainly because they aren't proven yet. I think Hall might be an impact player on D and maybe a little higher rated b/c of his Freshman AA honors.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
~~~~~~~~~~OFFENSE~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall 89
B+ or A-

JPW 88
Andre 90
Stabler 85
Caldwell 93
Davis 84
Johnson 83
Johns 87
Grant 84
Nick Walker 87
Preston Dial 82
Hall 94
Brown 90
Stover 88 stovers speed helps his ratings
oakley 87

~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall 86
B

Gilberry 94
Motley 83
Greenwood 87
Knight 84
hall 86
Mustin 84
ROLB is going to be a toss up... who had the most snaps in Aday? Collins?
Johnson 84
carter 85
castille 95
mitchell 87

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~KICKERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overall 90 (This is the overall with Kickers, Punters, and Returners)
A-

Christensen 92
fitzgerald 83

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RETURNER~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The main attributes to the Returners is Speed, Acceleration, Catching, and Elusiveness. If these numbers are really high with a player, no matter the other stats, than the returners numbers will be sky high. These numbers are always different than their official position stats.
From what I can remember, EA doesnt focus on the returners when creating their roster. I am almost certain that EA allows computer select who has the highest of the above said stats.

The only 4 I could think of would be
Arenas 90
Hall 94
Grant 88
Stover 93

I wouldnt be surprised to see DJ and Nakita as the return men this year, even though that wont happen at the real BDS.

This would make a wonderful tidefans.com contest!!!!! Dont make it about players because EA sometimes puts players in spots that never see the field. make it about positions.
I.E.
QB1 88
QB2 80
This would be an excellent contest for the summer!!!!!!!

The contest would work off a points system.... add up how many numbers somone is off on the O (QB guess= 99 QB actually= 95, then person gets 4 points) and how many numbers someone is off on the D. The same for the Kickers

Add together and divide by 3.
Whoever has the lowest number wins!
If their is a tie?
Pick the two returners that EA will select.

If this contest were to become popular enough it would force EA to focus on creating better stats. They said Fantasy Football would be a fad....
It would be nice for EA to pour some serious consideration into the Depth Charts. I remember 2 years ago tim castille was a 93 and leron mcclain was an 87....

Bamafan37 you are probably dead on with wilson's speed. EA doesnt know his speed, but I think it should be at lest a 74

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.