Best game in NCAA '07

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Well, I was in the SECCG, and took a 21-0 lead over USC (Yes, USC was there as a 1-loss team). They were pretty good, but my QB was amazingly accurate (11 completions in a row, then 12-13 with his first TD). Even had a blocked FG.

Then, things went sour. USC managed a couple of TDs, and my offense coudln't get things going. Eventually, I see myself looking at a 27-21 defecit. On the return, I manage only the 14 yard line.

First play, I get sacked. Calling time out, I have 7 seconds left on the clock on my own 7 yard line.

I have two impact WRs. My right side WR (lesser used) is blinking... but hadn't gotten open almost all day, save for 1 TD catch earlier. Still, I hope...

The ball snaps and my QB drifts back. From the shadow of my own goal post, suddenly there's hope.

My WR is in Man-to-Man coverage...

My WR gets a step on the DB...

My QB throws to the WR... even in this, I don't expect much. Surely, the DB will catch up and tackle him, as he's still shadowing him close.

Then, the DB screws up. Instead of the tackle, he swipes at the ball, and misses...

93 yards later, the WR scampers into the end zone and ties the game 27-27. I honestly cannot believe it.

A good XP attempt later, and the game ends.

Alabama 28
USC 27

SEC Title in the bag, and an invite to the BCS Title Game.

Even the OT victory over Tennessee wasn't as thrilling.

Man, I love this series.

Last edited:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I dont remember all the details of my greatest game, but it got a greatness score of 1399 on the game.

It was 2006 Troy vs 2006 Flordia (ranked 10th at that time i think, or close to it) and I was Troy

The first quarter i was able to score at touchdown on them. Troy 7 - Flordia 0

The second quarter I managed a td and a fg, where flordia was able to get a touchdown. Troy 17 - Flordia 7

Third quarter we both went scoreless

The fourth quarter flordia held me to only one td, whereas they were able to score 17 points to tie it up. Troy 24 - Flordia 24.

OT
I dont remember exactly how the points went in OT, but if i remember correctly we traded FG's in the first OT.

2OT
In the second OT we both scored TD's and XP's

3OT
As you could imagine i was pretty nervous by this point. To start 3OT off i was on offense. I get my touchdown, and my two point conversion is NO GOOD. Now i really start to worry. I just know there is no way im going to be able to stop them from getting the TD and the 2pts. So i start on defense, they run a couple plays and for the most part I was able to hold them. On the next down they run a toss play out right side. My LOLB sees this and goes in for the kill, and BAM big hits him, causing the fumble, and Troy recovers.

Game Over.

Troy 40 - Flordia 34

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
I have had two undefeated seasons on NCAA 07', 14-0 with Alabama and 14-0 with Virginia Tech. Neither season did I get a BCS Title invite. Finshed #2 with both teams. :mad: :mad2: :mad: :mad2:

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
Great idea for a thread!!! I've got a ton of these!

Alright, first off has to be from my first major game on Heisman mode. I was going up against the Florida Gators.

Now generally I wouldn't worry, except Florida's one of the few really pass-happy teams that Alabama will generally play in a regular season. My pass defense isn't what it should be, so I scared.

So the game starts, and I quickly find myself down 7-0. A three-and-out later, and they've got the ball back. It's 14-0 after a considerably long drive. Fast-foward to the 3rd quarter. It's 28-0 and I haven't gotten anything done on offense or defense.

At this point I decide to switch to a mix of zone blitzing packages. What proceeds is what could be the most absolutely amazing comeback ever. My CB's are playing inside, and are going to drop diagonally into a zone coverage. The Florida QB acts like my DL all have guns and freaks out. He throws the ball straight to Simeon Castille. Interception returned for a touchdown.

Florida 28 Alabama 7

The get the ball back, and I run a similar zone blitz package. Pass is thrown, Simeon Castille intercepts the ball and runs it in for a touchdown.

Florida 28 Alabama 14

A long kick return brings them out to my 36 yard line. Following an unsuccessful draw play, the Florida QB drops back to throw the ball against my mix of zone blitz schemes. Simeon Castille intercepts and runs to the Florida 9 yard line. I hand the ball off to the fullback and punch it into the endzone.

Florida 28 Alabama 21

Fourth Quarter...Basketcase ensues...in my head.

Florida and I trade a few three-and-outs, but they've got the ball and are driving. They toss the ball in an almost screen-like play. Simeon Castille jumps in front of it and takes it into the endzone.

Florida 28 Alabama 28

They get the ball back with little time on the clock. Being a vet of NCAA games, I know what the CPU is trying to do. They're toying with my emotions, making me think I can win until they, at the last moment, snatch victory out of the air. It's beginning to look that way. They push down to my 32 yard line with 0:22 seconds left on the clock, 4th and 4 or 5. They line up for the field goal...the snap, the hold, the kick...is blocked! A lineman picks it up and scampers to midfield before he's tackled with 10 seconds left. I throw to DJ Hall on a crossing route to bring me down to the 28 yard line. I line up, the snap, the hold, the kick...is wide right. We go to overtime.

I win the toss, get the ball first, and manage to score only my second offensive touchdown of the game. Florida gets the ball, and throws into the endzone...straight to Simeon Castille, who comes up with the game winning interception.

The second was a 3 OT Mississippi State game...but I'll spare you. I did win.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Great idea for a thread!!! I've got a ton of these!

Alright, first off has to be from my first major game on Heisman mode. I was going up against the Florida Gators.

Now generally I wouldn't worry, except Florida's one of the few really pass-happy teams that Alabama will generally play in a regular season. My pass defense isn't what it should be, so I scared.

So the game starts, and I quickly find myself down 7-0. A three-and-out later, and they've got the ball back. It's 14-0 after a considerably long drive. Fast-foward to the 3rd quarter. It's 28-0 and I haven't gotten anything done on offense or defense.

At this point I decide to switch to a mix of zone blitzing packages. What proceeds is what could be the most absolutely amazing comeback ever. My CB's are playing inside, and are going to drop diagonally into a zone coverage. The Florida QB acts like my DL all have guns and freaks out. He throws the ball straight to Simeon Castille. Interception returned for a touchdown.

Florida 28 Alabama 7

The get the ball back, and I run a similar zone blitz package. Pass is thrown, Simeon Castille intercepts the ball and runs it in for a touchdown.

Florida 28 Alabama 14

A long kick return brings them out to my 36 yard line. Following an unsuccessful draw play, the Florida QB drops back to throw the ball against my mix of zone blitz schemes. Simeon Castille intercepts and runs to the Florida 9 yard line. I hand the ball off to the fullback and punch it into the endzone.

Florida 28 Alabama 21

Fourth Quarter...Basketcase ensues...in my head.

Florida and I trade a few three-and-outs, but they've got the ball and are driving. They toss the ball in an almost screen-like play. Simeon Castille jumps in front of it and takes it into the endzone.

Florida 28 Alabama 28

They get the ball back with little time on the clock. Being a vet of NCAA games, I know what the CPU is trying to do. They're toying with my emotions, making me think I can win until they, at the last moment, snatch victory out of the air. It's beginning to look that way. They push down to my 32 yard line with 0:22 seconds left on the clock, 4th and 4 or 5. They line up for the field goal...the snap, the hold, the kick...is blocked! A lineman picks it up and scampers to midfield before he's tackled with 10 seconds left. I throw to DJ Hall on a crossing route to bring me down to the 28 yard line. I line up, the snap, the hold, the kick...is wide right. We go to overtime.

I win the toss, get the ball first, and manage to score only my second offensive touchdown of the game. Florida gets the ball, and throws into the endzone...straight to Simeon Castille, who comes up with the game winning interception.

The second was a 3 OT Mississippi State game...but I'll spare you. I did win.
Looks like Slim was Leak's favorite receiver that day. You'd think the CPU would stop throwing to that side of the field. Good call on the zone blitzing. I need to dust off my NCAA '07 and play a few games.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Zone blitzing? That's what I typically do... except one year where my impact player was an end. Then I could typically get pressure without having to blitz, and got a lot of knockdowns.

I've gotten to the point that my favorite offense is the spread option. Of course, you have to build up to those really fast QBs... none of UA's starting QBs are even remotely fast.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I took LSU into the Coliseum and beat USC 59-56 in triple OT on Heisman mode. I had to score a touchdown and get the two point conversion to tie the game in regulation with 10 seconds to play. Then in the 3rd OT trailing by 3 Russell rolls to his left and hits Doucet in the back left corner of the end zone in between 3 DB's. Bowe went off in the game for 474 receiving yards and 4 TD's.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.