Lord of the Rings: Shadows of Angmar

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Anyone played this? I was tempted, but the $14.99 a month fee and the fact that it is a life consuming MMORPG kinda turned me away. Just wanna hear about an RPG other than freaking World of Warcraft.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Oblivion is good... I especially suggest doing the side quests, it makes the experience more fulfilling.

Also, I made the mistake of playing on easy mode... it's actually *way* too easy then.

Haven't played NW2... heard it's really good, but rough on system requirements.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
The Elder Scrolls line is probably the best RPG series for the PC.

As far as MMORPGs go, I was able to beta test the LOTR game, and it was pretty decent.

My preference is EQ2. The graphics are nicer than WoWs, but requires a higher end machine to see them in their full glory. That's the one the Mrs. and I play together.

I've played WoW, SWG, EQ2 and beta'd D&D Online, LOTR, and Vanguard. EQ2 is still my favorite.

TIDEFAN17

All-American
Mar 20, 2001
Tennessee
Played Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for the 360. Amazing game, I actually traded it in because it was too much game for the time I had to spare. Seriously considering getting it back though. Still have the Manual.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
You can also get Morrowind for the XBox, which should run on the 360. Great game. It might not be as pretty as Oblivion, but the graphics are still very, very nice.

The games are independent of each other, though if you play Morrowind all the way through, you may notice Easter Eggs in Oblivion that references the previous game.

Set on the same world, but different continents I believe.

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I've been playing it for a little bit now, it's nothing special graphics are ok. Lots of work to do in some of the models, the quest lines are about as boring as any game i've played. I already all but done with it.

You won't miss anything by chosing not to play this one. IMO

Kinda waiting on War Hammer online.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I have played many of the Lord of the Rings games and they are all good but my fav. would have to be the Return of the King.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.