I didn't think I'd say it, but the Wii is pretty freakin cool!

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta
My wife has been asking for one of these for a while, but I had been unable to find a Wii until last week.

I picked one up, which was pretty painless compared to the competition(I already have a 360 and the PS3 is out of my range).

The system comes with a sports pack to get you used to the controller, we also picked up Zelda, but multiplayer is more fun than for one of us to just watch.

The controller alone is fun! I found it to be surprisingly responsive(at times maybe even overly - however you can adjust the sensitivity). Together we were having one of the best times playing a video game that we've ever had.

The graphics for the system are not to par with what's out there, but it's true, the innovation really makes up for it. I think once games start coming out for it, made for that controller it will only get better.

Be warned though - it's not for everyone. For instance, I wouldn't buy this for myself to play on my own. I love the Xbox, mainly for XBOX Live, which is the Wii's weakest point. There really is no online gaming community. However, the multiplayer that it does have, such as playing on the same TV, is pretty sweet.

Anyway, if you have kids, or maybe some significant other to enjoy this with, then this is the system. It keeps you active and engaged, while you also get to play your favorite games, with those you love in the comfort of your house!

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Kool wife I guess.

I tried a demo at EB and was completely turned off on the thing. Being a larger guy I couldnt really enjoy the controller. There just seemed to be too much to learn to enjoy it. It being Zelda.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I've never played one so I wouldn't know but one thing's for sure, you have to give Nintendo a lot of credit for carving out their own little niche in the market. It was a gamble but it has apparently paid off in spades. They knew they weren't going to be able to compete with MS and Sony so they didn't even try and its turned out to be a wise decision.
The article I linked shows sales results for the past month for the three major consoles. It's very interesting to see who's dead last even this soon. :cool2:

Mash Here

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.