Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American rkwilkerson's Avatar

Question Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by TheBamaMan View Post
    Man your system will run it just fine. I have a 6300 dual core 1.8 with 1G Ram and a 8800 GTS (Nvidia). I run everything at Ultra (from the main screen) and I run with HDR only. There are more graphical sliders I could slide up but I dont. I could go into my videocard settings and force AA while running with HDR but it looks so good like it is.
    I think the 8800GTX will run AA and HDR at the same time...

(that might turn out to be a bad thing though)

I have also heard that if you "turn off" grass effects it will make the game engine run better...
    Last edited by rkwilkerson; May 22nd, 2007 at 11:37 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards"

-- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant --

BamaNation All-American crmsnrevelation's Avatar

Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Kajhit... with the ability to go invisible for 60 seconds... THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!! Get good at jumping and increase your bow skills. Then hook up with some serious light armor... That game is the REASON I bought a 360.
    "Alabama, though, simply had enough. Enough of Tebow, enough of hearing about the Gators' talent, enough of the insipid Gator chomp cheer, enough of Urban Meyer's smirking, Tebow-cuddling sideline demeanor.
    And history has shown, over and over again, that when Alabama has had enough of something, the Tide tends to rectify the situation with great haste and forcefulness."
    --JessN--

Here is another tip..... Increase your skills.... but dont sleep to level up... The baddies get tougher as you level up.... Keep your level low around 8.... once you know you can level up around 30 times then its allllll game.
    "Alabama, though, simply had enough. Enough of Tebow, enough of hearing about the Gators' talent, enough of the insipid Gator chomp cheer, enough of Urban Meyer's smirking, Tebow-cuddling sideline demeanor.
    And history has shown, over and over again, that when Alabama has had enough of something, the Tide tends to rectify the situation with great haste and forcefulness."
    --JessN--

BamaNation All-American rkwilkerson's Avatar

Question Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by crmsnrevelation View Post
    Here is another tip..... Increase your skills.... but dont sleep to level up... The baddies get tougher as you level up.... Keep your level low around 8.... once you know you can level up around 30 times then its allllll game.
    Have you played only the X-Box version.....
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards"

-- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant --

BamaNation All-American TIDEFAN17's Avatar

Big A Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by crmsnrevelation View Post
    Kajhit... with the ability to go invisible for 60 seconds... THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!! Get good at jumping and increase your bow skills. Then hook up with some serious light armor... That game is the REASON I bought a 360.
    Thought about going shadow, but liked the thief/assassin stat bonuses. Actually the female Kajhit with shadow is what the manual recommends.
    "Watching Auburn football is like puking on a pile of crap".

BamaNation All-American TIDEFAN17's Avatar

Big A Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Went into the first Gate and got my but kicked.
    So did I. Not good to do when inexperienced lol.
    "Watching Auburn football is like puking on a pile of crap".

Quote Originally Posted by rkwilkerson View Post
    I think the 8800GTX will run AA and HDR at the same time...

(that might turn out to be a bad thing though)

I have also heard that if you "turn off" grass effects it will make the game engine run better...

From what I understand, it is the game Oblivion itself that will not allow AA and HDR to run at the same time. So what people are doing is within the game enabling HDR and then going into their video card settings (GTS and GTX) and forcing AA. I have not done that yet. One reason, because it looks good already and I am not sure how much more my system can handle and the other reason, I dont know how....
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Dont talk about what your going to do, just DO IT!

BamaNation All-SEC

Man your system will run it just fine. I have a 6300 dual core 1.8 with 1G Ram and a 8800 GTS (Nvidia). I run everything at Ultra (from the main screen) and I run with HDR only. There are more graphical sliders I could slide up but I dont. I could go into my videocard settings and force AA while running with HDR but it looks so good like it is. I run constantly around 30-40 outside. One thing is do though is I reboot with only the windows system booting up.
    What resolution are you running the game at?

If you do get Oblivion (for the PC everyone) you MUST get the mod "Quarls Texture pack III". It adds a ton more realism to everything. I will try and find a link for it soon.

Mods are one of the reasons PC still beats the console most genres.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by rkwilkerson View Post
    Have you played only the X-Box version.....
    yes
    --JessN--

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEFAN17 View Post
    Thought about going shadow, but liked the thief/assassin stat bonuses. Actually the female Kajhit with shadow is what the manual recommends.
    I choose the mail because it gets tough leaving goodies behind. The male can cary alot more things. Plus the benefit of being female is only a few stat points which up earn up within a few levels anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEFAN17 View Post
    So did I. Not good to do when inexperienced lol.
    Never level up and the gates are a piece of cake.
    --JessN--

Quote Originally Posted by bamapride79 View Post
    What resolution are you running the game at?

1650 x 1080 ( i think its 1080, i know the first number is 1650 though)
    If you will do for two years what most people wont, you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people cant!

Here is a link to a guide and instructions on modding Oblivion...great site

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/14...dding-faq.html

(sry, dont know how to change the link to some cool title)

Here is a direct link to Quarls Texture Pack III

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.co...Detail&id=2363
    Last edited by TheBamaMan; May 23rd, 2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: fix links

BamaNation All-SEC

Here is a link to a guide and instructions on modding Oblivion...great site

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/14...dding-faq.html

(sry, dont know how to change the link to some cool title)
    All you have to do is.... [url=website here]Name here[url]

I left off the / to let you see the full text.

Such as Mod Faq

Last edited by bamapride79; May 23rd, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?