UT's Fulmer not all bad....
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    "In the second quarter, I saw Torretta look over at me, and he froze for a second. I saw fear." --Alabama defensive end John Copeland after the 1993 Sugar Bowl

2. Advertisement

Re: UT's Fulmer not all bad....

Hitler loved his dogs

/not comparing Phat Boy to Hitler.
    //just sayin

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Gotta give the man his due here. Nice.

I predict this will be one of the most clicked-on threads. There will be many who will click on it ready to blast you. I know I was.
    "I waxed the dude."
    --Rory Turner, Alabama DB

BamaNation First Team GORILLA BALL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Torch in Pcola View Post
    I predict this will be one of the most clicked-on threads. There will be many who will click on it ready to blast you. I know I was.
    i guess it shows how secondary sports can play in the game of life.
    I have a little tradition that humbles me as a man, that lets me know that Im a part of the field, a part of the game and its the very bottom as well as the very top and it could be all over the Internet, but, you know what? You should have seen some games before this. I tell you one thing. The grass at Tiger Stadium tastes best.

explain this: You applaud Saban for being totally focused on the FB team no PR or anything remotely friendly just win & you like him

yet you praise Richt and Fulmer for doing work which has nothing to with winning FB games except show them in a positive light which could help them in the PR area. I know these two are 100% sincere in their good work, though

So would you prefer Saban have a human side like those two or keep tuning everything out & just do what he was hired to do.

Do you think a major college football coach has some responsiblities that go deeper than winning games

Wouldn't you be proud to have a coach that does these sort of things..?

Not intended as a Saban dig, I am only asking if winning is all that really matters

BTW: If Saban did something like that the media would probably twist it and wind up trashing him for it or something
    Last edited by moorav; June 19th, 2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: media

Quote Originally Posted by moorav View Post
    explain this: You applaud Saban for being totally focused on the FB team no PR or anything remotely friendly just win & you like him

yet you praise Richt and Fulmer for doing work which has nothing to with winning FB games except show them in a positive light which could help them in the PR area. I know these two are 100% sincere in their good work, though

So would you prefer Saban have a human side like those two or keep tuning everything out & just do what he was hired to do.

Do you think a major college football coach has some responsiblities that go deeper than winning games

Not intended as a Saban dig, I am only asking if winning is all that really matters
    I think we don't know Saban well enough to judge him. He came out quickly during the Enterprise tornados, as I'm sure he has done in other crisis situations; and I have a feeling that he doesn't treat worthy causes like he does the media. Just because the media calls him heartless doesn't make it so.
    Rest In Peace, Little Buddy. Pawpaw Loves you.

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moorav View Post

BTW: If Saban did something like that the media would probably twist it and wind up trashing him for it or something
    Nick and Terry have already started a scholarship fund at Alabama, that's just one of the first things that came to my mind I'm sure there are others given time to think about it.

As for Fullmer, I don't care if he saved 100 puppies from drowning until he does something for Alabama or admits he did wrong I hope he rots in hell.
    Last edited by bayoutider; June 19th, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

I agree was only asking if we would prefer a coach that does those kind of things.

I am 100% ceritian Saban would do the same as Fulmer has done - not so sure he would do the same as Mark R but I think that Saban would step up if called on in that situation.

I am naive and think that most 'prominent' people will help in those situations.

just really messsin with the folks that say the only thing that matters to them is Saban winning games. Saban is not the devil that he has be portrayed as being.

Nope I applaud Fulmer for his efforts to help but hope he loses every single game.
    Last edited by moorav; June 19th, 2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: fulmer

BamaNation First Team bama_at_uab's Avatar

A lot of this Saban is evil and never does anything for anyone but himself mumbo jumbo is really blown out of proportion. So he doesn't like to spend his free weekends speaking to the red elephants club and he doesn't provide and endless supply of assistant coaches and players for media outlets to misquote. Does that really make him such a bad person?

BamaNation First Team bama_at_uab's Avatar

Most of the complaints I've seen about coach Saban aren't that he's some evil person but rather that 1. He lied to the media about his future with the dolphins, and 2. He doesn't provide much access to his program because he thinks it's important for everyone to stay on message. So, he's a bit of a control freak and he didn't want to spend entire press conferences at Miami addressing rumors and this makes him an evil person? It's almost as if the media has conned everyone into thinking that coach Saban is some horrible self-centered megalomaniac that only thinks of himself and would never stoop to helping others. I've never seen any evidence to suggest anything of the sort. Honestly, I'm not sure where everyone is getting that.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Hotter than Dog Days here!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    Nick and Terry have already started a scholarship fund at Alabama, that's just one of the first things that came to my mind I'm sure there are others given time to think about it.

As for Fullmer, I don't care if he saved 100 puppies from drowning until he does something for Alabama or admits he did wrong I hope he rots in hell.
    You are really going to have to learn to open up a little, don't hold back.....
    Last edited by bat123; June 20th, 2007 at 01:37 AM.
    "WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE DOWN THERE? DON'T Y'ALL TAKE YOUR FOOTBALL SERIOUSLY?" -- Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that none of the coaches were in their offices yet!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    I did not and will not read the link about Fulmer and I agree 100% with bayoutider.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but never preserved except in memory LLAP" Leonard Nimoy