Who wins the 6A title in 2007?

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
It's gonna be Foe-Town...We got a pretty good defense to go along with Julio on offense. No offense to Roosevelt, from what I hear he's a great kid, but I don't think he was as good as people said he was. If the o-line can just give some time to the QB...or...if he can scramble like lafella says he can...all he really needs to do is throw it up...Julio'll come down with it and take the Lions to state...I think Foley's success goes beyond Julio. They were 0-11 or 0-10 or whatever the year before this new coach came. It takes more than one great player to turn a program around. There's always been big guys and good athletes in Foley. I think the biggest thing this coach has done is convince them to come play football and stay out of trouble. Foley will be a contender this year. If Julio was all we had I doubt ESPN2 would be putting them on TV. They normally try to get top players that are at least on decent teams in those HS highlight games. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this HS season...even though I'm way out here in Texas. I'll be going home at least for a game or two this year.
Man I love Foley I graduated from Foley and I live in Foley, but I just don't see how Foley can go the distance this year have you seen how small the Lines are, even in practices and the Jamboree it was evident how small they were.

They have some good coaching and I hope they get coached up that's gonna be a huge part. I won't miss a game except maybe the Daphne game .. gonna be way to much of a crowd for that one.

here's to borrowing some of your confidence and saying we'll make a good showing!

Man I love Foley I graduated from Foley and I live in Foley, but I just don't see how Foley can go the distance this year have you seen how small the Lines are, even in practices and the Jamboree it was evident how small they were.

They have some good coaching and I hope they get coached up that's gonna be a huge part. I won't miss a game except maybe the Daphne game .. gonna be way to much of a crowd for that one.

here's to borrowing some of your confidence and saying we'll make a good showing!
I haven't seeen the team this year...I know last year they had some big guys though...that's rough if they all graduated...Where's all them corn fed country boys from Elberta? We need to go get those kids off their farms and tell them to play football this fall!

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
there's a kid in the neighborhood here thats 16 right at 6'5" weighs in at about 270/280 .. and he doesn't play football. I don't know what they do man lol!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It's gonna be Foe-Town...We got a pretty good defense to go along with Julio on offense. No offense to Roosevelt, from what I hear he's a great kid, but I don't think he was as good as people said he was. If the o-line can just give some time to the QB...or...if he can scramble like lafella says he can...all he really needs to do is throw it up...Julio'll come down with it and take the Lions to state...I think Foley's success goes beyond Julio. They were 0-11 or 0-10 or whatever the year before this new coach came. It takes more than one great player to turn a program around. There's always been big guys and good athletes in Foley. I think the biggest thing this coach has done is convince them to come play football and stay out of trouble. Foley will be a contender this year. If Julio was all we had I doubt ESPN2 would be putting them on TV. They normally try to get top players that are at least on decent teams in those HS highlight games. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this HS season...even though I'm way out here in Texas. I'll be going home at least for a game or two this year.
Welcome back......anyways yes it does take more than one player to turn a team around but without Julio Jones ESPN would not even know where about Foley right now. They are also pretty dang small on both side of the ball from what I have heard from others.

What about the defense...anyone know how Foley's D is gonna be this year? I know last year they were solid against everyone except Daphne and Prattville. Even against Daphne though the D made big plays. Prattville just wiped the floor with us though.

BTW...thanks for the welcome back. I do more lurking during baseball season. Football and basketball are the only sports that I consider myself educated enough to carry conversations with people ya know? Anyways, here's to a great season (High School and college) and a lot of good conversation along the way!

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
What about the defense...anyone know how Foley's D is gonna be this year? I know last year they were solid against everyone except Daphne and Prattville. Even against Daphne though the D made big plays. Prattville just wiped the floor with us though.

Well Foley has another shot those guys this year and maybe even the "Evil Empire".

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
looks like the "Evil Empire" may be it's own worst enemy...do you think anything will come of all those allegations this season?
The "Evil Empire" has several worst ememies so take you're pick. Anyways yes there was a small scandal that I can not really explain so look up Rush Propst on wikipedia and it will tell you although I'm sure not all of it is 100% true. I can tell that it all started when a football player's grade was changed from an 89 to a 90 (In order to get into college) and this was reported by a Hoover teacher named Quattlebaum.

tidepreacher

1st Team
Jan 13, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Daphne is not getting any love huh? The matchup against Foley should decide who comes out of the south. Daphne has Reggie Hunt running the ball with Pat White's little bro starting at QB. The defense has some good prospects as well. THey should be good.

Well who may be better to replace them besides those other 3???
Robertsdale...lol...sorry...couldn't help myself.
Seriously though it seems like many people here think that Foley is highly over rated. I guess they could be, I haven't seen the team...I'm in Houston, but they are ranked #6 in the state and I can't see a team ranked that high based on one player. I would hope the people doing the state rankings in AL have a little more sense than that. Anyways, I hope Foe-Town isn't as over rated as most people here seem to think they are...I guess we'll find out soon.

Last edited:

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
Robertsdale...lol...sorry...couldn't hel myself.
Seriously though it seems like many people here think that Foley is highly over rated. I guess they could be, I haven't seen the team...I'm in Houston, but they are ranked #6 in the state and I can't see a team ranked that high based on one player. I would hope the people doing the state rankings in AL have a little more sense than that. Anyways, I hope Foe-Town isn't as over rated as most people here seem to think they are...I guess we'll find out soon.
I hope to be pleasantly surprised, gonna try and catch a few practices, from what I hear since the jamboree there has been alot of advancements skill wise.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I'm picking a Gadsden City and Prattville final. I think Prattville probably wins it though. Gadsden City went 9-1 last year in their first season ever before losing a rematch game in the playoffs. I believe they'll only get better. May not be enough to beat the defending state champs though.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I'm picking a Gadsden City and Prattville final. I think Prattville probably wins it though. Gadsden City went 10-0 last year in their first season ever before losing a rematch game in the playoffs. I believe they'll only get better. May not be enough to beat the defending state champs though.
Is Gadsden City that good???

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.