For deeply involved guru's (NCAA and EA)...

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Just a question that someone might have the info.
EA inked some type of deal to have real world advertisements in games. I was wondering if we would have the chance to see this implemented in ncaa 2008 and what type of marketing can we expect. I just hope I dont have to see another "knobby tires" advertisement. EA might run into some leaglity issues if they put a coke logo on BDS. I was wondering how this will be done, and if it will be done this year.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
i heard something about this awhile back. when i heard about it, they were gonna put it in something like need for speed, and have like McDonalds on billboards that would be change ever so often.

But, as far as ncaa goes, i really dont see them puting something like it in. Last year they did have the redzone brought to us by Old Spice, and Coke was in there somewhere, but i dont remember where. But as far as having billboards and signs that update....personally i dont see it happening.

Thats just my opinion

rkwilkerson

All-American
Feb 20, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
Just a question that someone might have the info.
EA inked some type of deal to have real world advertisements in games. I was wondering if we would have the chance to see this implemented in ncaa 2008 and what type of marketing can we expect. I just hope I dont have to see another "knobby tires" advertisement. EA might run into some leaglity issues if they put a coke logo on BDS. I was wondering how this will be done, and if it will be done this year.
I noticed that on the YouTube in-game video clip of Alabama vs Arkansas...

The ribbon boards were lighting up and were actively displaying content. I don't think it would be far-fetched to think that they might advertise that way...??

Bryant-Denny's three jumbotrons would also be a good way for EA to satisfy their advertising contracts while still adding a bit of gameplay realism!

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
They've been making NASCAR games for quite some time. That sport is pure advertisement. Not sure how it all works...but I know they have been working with real world companies in that sense for years.

On a related note...anyone know how much the schools make off of the NCAA games?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
pretty sure the schools dont make a dime. NCAA on the other hand....
I don't want to start a Daniel Moore argument here...but they want him to pay them because he's using the University's trademarked things in his paintings and selling them. The stadiums, uniforms, and all the logos are trademarked property of the University. So...I figured the schools get some kind of money out of it.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I don't want to start a Daniel Moore argument here...but they want him to pay them because he's using the University's trademarked things in his paintings and selling them. The stadiums, uniforms, and all the logos are trademarked property of the University. So...I figured the schools get some kind of money out of it.
Exactly. The schools are probably getting some licensing money, just for the names/mascots of the schools, not to mention stadiums, jerseys, etc. However, I don't think they get a significant amount of money since there are 110+ schools that split the pot and the NCAA gets its hands on a lot of the money.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.