4th of july menus

moorav

Banned
Dec 6, 2006
yes it was out back - I hope he does good money with the food - He brings in some big time artists and it's my understanding the crowds have not been overwhelming.

I have a friend that books some bands at the Keys in montgomery - I have yet to get a gig at either place but haven't really pursued it.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
yes it was out back - I hope he does good money with the food - He brings in some big time artists and it's my understanding the crowds have not been overwhelming.

I have a friend that books some bands at the Keys in montgomery - I have yet to get a gig at either place but haven't really pursued it.
The Keys is about 3/4 ml from my moms . Nothing special about it . I get down there 2-3 times a year . Sometimes they have a sit-in/open mic night .

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
unfortunately, I have no one to cook for this year....everyone's going out of town.:frown:
Sorry to hear that RTO - would love to hang out and talk some Bama football with you!

We are doing the usual (or not that far from it) -

Grilled chicken, hot dogs, teri-burgers, mac and cheese, rice, baked beans, and potato salad.. oh yeah, lots of sweet tea (we bring the south with us) and cold beer (corona)

Have a great one, friends!!!

RTR

bamabake

Hall of Fame
Jul 25, 2000
waco, tx, USA
Smoked Brisket will be done by this evening. Hickory. I make this mop with cider vinegar infused with ceranos and garlic overnight. Salt and pepper only. A couple of hours before it is done I cover the brisket with a chipolte rasberry glaze that is awesome. Each bite is smoky, hot and sweet all at the same time.

I

It's On A Slab

Grilled Tilapia (seasoned with fresh lime and Old Bay Lemon Pepper seasoning)
Steamed zuchini
BBQ Beans (leftover from last night's cookout)
Watermelon
Apple cobbler

Lots of Warsteiner

(Would have done burgers but we did that two night's ago. I'm wearing my grill out! :cool: )

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I still celebrate the 4th of July with an outdoor BBQ.

On the grill:

Beef Ribs, pork sausage links, chicken quarters, rabbit quarters, corn on cob, veggie stacks.

From the kitchen:

Red skin potato salad, cabbage/fennel/apple slaw, Caprese, peach cobbler, pineapple and mango fried hand pies.

To drink:

Red Stripe beer, mango tea, ginger lemon aid, white sangria.
It rained all morning and the rabbits didn't show up. We stopped with the peach cobbler, no fried mango hand pies. Mango tea became regular tea and ginger lemon aid became pink lemon aid.

moorav

Banned
Dec 6, 2006
We had a really great day - ribs, chicken, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ...etc A full day of pool volleyball and darts. My 18 year son brought his girlfriend, what a sweetheart. She was great a very impressive young lady.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Well, as I said, spent the day alone, but I did fix myself a little feast.

I marinated some lamb loin chops (about an inch thick) in a concoction that consisted of honey, dijon mustard, soy sauce, garlic, lemon and lime juices, and a little salt and pepper.

I just got a little crust to the lamb by frying them for a minute on each side in some olive oil, then broiled them.....so tender, so juicy.

I had some festive red, white, and blue potatoes that I cut up and boiled until tender. I then took the oil that I crusted the lamb with and seared the outside of the potatoes and sprinkled a little dill weed on them. :biggrin2:

Best news of the day: I have leftovers for tomorrow. :biggrin2:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
We didn't go to any cookouts. My fiance and I had lunch at Panera. I had a grilled chicken cesar salad and my fiance had a combo half sandwich and soup. And for dinner we ate left over lazagna.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Had inch thick strip steaks, grilled Mahi Mahi, baked beans, homemade cole slaw, mashed potatoes (for me), baked potatoes, fresh garlic bread, and coconut cake for dessert. Plenty of sweet tea and Sam Adams as well! Capped it off with a few more Sam Adams and our own fireworks show! :biggrin2:

kdnichols

Aug 14, 2000
Thorsby, Ala USA
We had family and friends over and we hung out around the pool. We had
frozen Margarita's from the frozen drink machine and beer. As for food we
had everything. BBQ chicken, smoked 20 lbs of pork ribs, 2 boston butts, chopped BBQ, sausage, brunswick stew, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans,
pies from Jim & Nicks, banana pudding, choc. cake. We had a great time.
Can't wait until football season to break out the RV for some serious tail gating.
Ken

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.