NCAA08: Who would be on your 70 player roster?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I just did an update for one of the guys that do the rosters, names, etc.

Here's my attempt at getting 70. I actually got it down to 68 with about six names to choose my last two spots.

QB
#14, John Parker Wilson, Jr.
#17, Greg McElroy, rFr.
#, Nick Fanuzzi, Fr.

RB
#29, Terry Grant, will likely be listed as a Soph, though he will likely get a medical hardship year.
#10, Jimmy Johns, Jr.
#38, Glen Coffee, rSoph.
#5, Roy Upchurch, rSoph

FB
#40, Baron Huber, rSo
#, Jeramie Griffin, Fr.

WR
#22, DJ Hall, Sr.
#81, Keith Brown, Sr.
#9, Nikita Stover, rJr.
#11, Matt Caddell, rSr.
#20, Johnathan Lowe, rJr.
#7, Will Oakley, rJr.
#84, Earl Alexander, rFr.
#80, Mike McCoy, So.

TE
#83, Travis McCall, Jr.
#88, Nick Walker, rJr.
#87, Charles Hoke, Jr.
#85, Preston Dial, rFr.

LT
#71, Andre Smith, Soph.
#79, Drew Davis, rSo.

LG
#50, Justin Britt, Sr.
#74, David Ross, rFr.

C
#59, Antoine Caldwell, rJr.
#70, Evan Cardwell, rSo.

RG
#76, Marlon Davis, Jr.
#68, Taylor Pharr, rFr.
#62, Alex Stadler, rFr.

RT
#78, Michael Johnson, rSo
#61, BJ Stabler, rJr.

New 3-4 “under” type scheme Defense

LE
#92, Wallace Gilberry, rSr.
#, Luther Davis, Fr.

DT
#66, Bryan Motley, rFr.
#97, Lorenzo Washington, rSo.
#, Alfred McCullough, Fr.
#, Josh Chapman, Fr.

RE
#93, Bobby Greenwood, Jr.
#95, Brandon Deaderick, rSo.
#, , Jeremy Elder, Fr.

LOLB or Sam
#47, Ezekiel Knight, rJr.
#46, Zach Schreiber, rSo.
#13, Cory Reamer, rSo.

ROLB or Jack
#94, Keith Saunders, rSr.
#98, Brandon Fanney, rSo.
#35, Charlie Kirschman, rFr.

LILB or Mike
#21, Prince Hall, rSo
#45, Charlie Higgenbotham, rFr.

RILB or Will
#57, Darren Mustin, rSr.
#1, Rolando McClain, Fr.
#32, Eryk Anders, rSo.

LCB
#2, Simeon Castille, Sr.
#3, Kareem Jackson, Fr.
#28, Javier Arenas, So.

RCB
#16, Lionel Mitchell, Jr.
#24, Marquis Johnson, So.
#36, Eric Gray, rSr.

SS – safety spots nearly interchangeable
#49, Rashad Johnson, rJr.
#27, Justin Woodall, So.
#8, Chris Rogers, rSo.

FS
#20, Marcus Carter, rSr.
#26, Ali Sharrief, rSo.
#43, Sam Burnthall, So.

K
#86, Jamie Christensen, rSr.
#31, Leigh Tiffin, Soph.

P
#11 PJ Fitzgerald, Soph.
#7, Adam Hill, rFr.

To fill those two spots, I would choose from:

LOLB/Sam- Alex Watkins
CB- Chris Lett
WR- Marquis Maze
WR- Brandon Gibson
RB- Jamar Taylor
RB- Demetrius Goode

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
If I could make the roster, I'd probably knock off the 2nd punter, Burntall, and Lowe, and add Watkins, Maze, Gibson, and Lett and one of the 2 freshmen RBs. Both seem very talented.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Even looking at your list for a video game or weakness at DL sticks out like a sore thumb. 2 upperclassmen on the entire depth chart with 1 senior. That makes me very nervous for our season.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
If I could make the roster, I'd probably knock off the 2nd punter, Burntall, and Lowe, and add Watkins, Maze, Gibson, and Lett and one of the 2 freshmen RBs. Both seem very talented.
I just get the feeling that Lowe is going to change a game or two for us this year. He looks dangerous from the slot.

Even looking at your list for a video game or weakness at DL sticks out like a sore thumb. 2 upperclassmen on the entire depth chart with 1 senior. That makes me very nervous for our season.
Yes, it is a weakness. I hope more people realize that our defensive front 7 is not going to be great for another year or two.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I just get the feeling that Lowe is going to change a game or two for us this year. He looks dangerous from the slot.
I haven't seen what he can do since he had to sit out last year. I've heard what you're saying that he can be a very big player on ST in particular. But since he is a Jr. I would want to make sure we have more depth at WR in case my recruiting in the game doesn't go well in year 1.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
It certainly is a good thing we don't have to worry about the team being only 70 players in real life because my goodness those are some good players on that list being left off. :eek2: If I had my choice I'd probably knock off the two extra kickers (even though JC is a senior) and replace a couple of older guys (upperclassmen) with a couple of those freshman, got to be mindful of the future on that game! ;)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
It certainly is a good thing we don't have to worry about the team being only 70 players in real life because my goodness those are some good players on that list being left off. :eek2: If I had my choice I'd probably knock off the two extra kickers (even though JC is a senior) and replace a couple of older guys (upperclassmen) with a couple of those freshman, got to be mindful of the future on that game! ;)
I was definitely trying to be mindful of the future. But, the problem is, if you only have 12 seniors, you are going to be cutting a lot of recruits.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I was definitely trying to be mindful of the future. But, the problem is, if you only have 12 seniors, you are going to be cutting a lot of recruits.
It's a dilemma to be sure, luckily with the rosters being at 70 instead of 55 you don't have to cut as many upperclassmen as you used to. My philosophy on the game has always been when in doubt go young. The only freshman I usually cut are the ones who are either simply not good enough to be on my team or the ones who are at a loaded position. Otherwise if it comes down to a freshman recruit or an average upperclassman, I'm cutting the upperclassman every time. God I'm just so glad the rosters are no longer at 55!!!! And I absolutely can't wait for this game to come out!!! :biggrin2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
so we are still stuck with a 70 man roster? is this set in stone, i was hoping they would change this. i doubt i will buy the new version then.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
so we are still stuck with a 70 man roster? is this set in stone, i was hoping they would change this. i doubt i will buy the new version then.
B/c of the roster set at 70 still?? I wish there were a few more spots too because I hate cutting quality players. On the other hand, it mimics real life b/c the top recruiting teams (USC, UF, FSU, hopefully UA) can't offer everyone a scholarship and let them in.

I just thought of this, but since JB left the team after spring practice, do you think he will still be on the Bama roster in the game?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i just think it should be the actual limit of scholarship players and last i heard it was higher than 70.

btw i think Barnes will still be in the game. he was most likely on it well before he left and i doubt they would change anything with less than 2 weeks to go.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
btw i think Barnes will still be in the game. he was most likely on it well before he left and i doubt they would change anything with less than 2 weeks to go.
That was my thinking. Oh well, deleting his character will open up a slot for a 2007 signee that gets left off. The scholarship limit is 90, I believe, and that seems pretty high for a game considering memory space and # of recruits per year that it'd have to generate. I think 75-80 would be perfect.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
That was my thinking. Oh well, deleting his character will open up a slot for a 2007 signee that gets left off. The scholarship limit is 90, I believe, and that seems pretty high for a game considering memory space and # of recruits per year that it'd have to generate. I think 75-80 would be perfect.
85 is the limit.

Barnes will likely be on the preset rosters.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I would love to have the full 85 as the limit on the game as well but honestly the 70 isn't all that bad. I don't know if they're pushing the game's limits with this many roster spots or not but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing 75 or so in the future. Hopefully slowly but surely they'll continue to add roster spots in the future, that'll always be welcome.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Some of our freshman are going to have to grow up fast.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
How are you guys getting the rosters? I guess I'm buying a 360 memory card from psxsports.com.
not sure how to link threads, but in another topic, some people discussed it; after their info, i registered at fkrosters.com which is supposed to be a great place to download from or send in your card.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I just did an update for one of the guys that do the rosters, names, etc.

Here's my attempt at getting 70. I actually got it down to 68 with about six names to choose my last two spots.

QB
#14, John Parker Wilson, Jr.
#17, Greg McElroy, rFr.
#, Nick Fanuzzi, Fr.

RB
#29, Terry Grant, will likely be listed as a Soph, though he will likely get a medical hardship year.
#10, Jimmy Johns, Jr.
#38, Glen Coffee, rSoph.
#5, Roy Upchurch, rSoph

FB
#40, Baron Huber, rSo
#, Jeramie Griffin, Fr.

WR
#22, DJ Hall, Sr.
#81, Keith Brown, Sr.
#9, Nikita Stover, rJr.
#11, Matt Caddell, rSr.
#20, Johnathan Lowe, rJr.
#7, Will Oakley, rJr.
#84, Earl Alexander, rFr.
#80, Mike McCoy, So.

TE
#83, Travis McCall, Jr.
#88, Nick Walker, rJr.
#87, Charles Hoke, Jr.
#85, Preston Dial, rFr.

LT
#71, Andre Smith, Soph.
#79, Drew Davis, rSo.

LG
#50, Justin Britt, Sr.
#74, David Ross, rFr.

C
#59, Antoine Caldwell, rJr.
#70, Evan Cardwell, rSo.

RG
#76, Marlon Davis, Jr.
#68, Taylor Pharr, rFr.
#62, Alex Stadler, rFr.

RT
#78, Michael Johnson, rSo
#61, BJ Stabler, rJr.

New 3-4 “under” type scheme Defense

LE
#92, Wallace Gilberry, rSr.
#, Luther Davis, Fr.

DT
#66, Bryan Motley, rFr.
#97, Lorenzo Washington, rSo.
#, Alfred McCullough, Fr.
#, Josh Chapman, Fr.

RE
#93, Bobby Greenwood, Jr.
#95, Brandon Deaderick, rSo.
#, , Jeremy Elder, Fr.

LOLB or Sam
#47, Ezekiel Knight, rJr.
#46, Zach Schreiber, rSo.
#13, Cory Reamer, rSo.

ROLB or Jack
#94, Keith Saunders, rSr.
#98, Brandon Fanney, rSo.
#35, Charlie Kirschman, rFr.

LILB or Mike
#21, Prince Hall, rSo
#45, Charlie Higgenbotham, rFr.

RILB or Will
#57, Darren Mustin, rSr.
#1, Rolando McClain, Fr.
#32, Eryk Anders, rSo.

LCB
#2, Simeon Castille, Sr.
#3, Kareem Jackson, Fr.
#28, Javier Arenas, So.

RCB
#16, Lionel Mitchell, Jr.
#24, Marquis Johnson, So.
#36, Eric Gray, rSr.

SS – safety spots nearly interchangeable
#49, Rashad Johnson, rJr.
#27, Justin Woodall, So.
#8, Chris Rogers, rSo.

FS
#20, Marcus Carter, rSr.
#26, Ali Sharrief, rSo.
#43, Sam Burnthall, So.

K
#86, Jamie Christensen, rSr.
#31, Leigh Tiffin, Soph.

P
#11 PJ Fitzgerald, Soph.
#7, Adam Hill, rFr.

To fill those two spots, I would choose from:

LOLB/Sam- Alex Watkins
CB- Chris Lett
WR- Marquis Maze
WR- Brandon Gibson
RB- Jamar Taylor
RB- Demetrius Goode
Definitely want to add Gibson because he is just that good. And I would add Goode because you can't have too many quality rb's. I would say Jamar Taylor but I like the game to be accurate and it doesn't look like he will be with us this fall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.