Rumor: MS to announce 360 price cut

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Link

Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter stated in a note to investors today that Microsoft will announce an Xbox 360 price cut tomorrow at the start of the revamped E3 Media & Business Summit, which takes place all week.

Microsoft is holding its E3 press conference Tuesday evening.

He said that the price cut will affect all three Xbox 360 models. The $299 Core pack will drop to $249; the $399 Premium pack will drop to $349; and the recently released $479 Elite model will drop to $399.
I'm really hoping this guy got the prices wrong. A mere $50 drop on the Premium after it has been on the market for almost two years is just weak.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Yeah, I mean a $50 difference between the Premium and the Elite? Geez, I wonder which one I would buy??? They need to at least double that difference. Maybe they're really trying to push the Elite though?

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
The elite is going to be a pretty good deal if that is truly the new price. Too bad I already have a 360 :(

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
the 100 price cut was probably in effect until I called them....
The billion dollar insurance policy is going to sting MS a little.
MS put the billion dollar expense on the 2007 fiscal year books which just ended. That means they can do pretty much whatever they want for the 2008 fiscal year. The expense is still there but the accounting tricks will allow MS to go ahead with their plans to make 2008 a profitable year.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
May I ask a dumb question- What are the main differences between the Premium and the new Elite 360's? Is it really worth the extra money?
Three differences.

1) The Elite is black in color while the Premium & Core are white.
2) The Elite has a 120 gig hard drive while the Premium has a 20 gig
3) The Elite supports HDMI input, which only matters if you have an HDTV that also supports HDMI.

If they do indeed lower the prices to what is mentioned in Queasy's post the Elite would be the best option IMHO. You get a much larger hard drive and the ability to use HDMI which will be more and more prevalent in the future.

CrazyBamaMan

1st Team
Sep 17, 2002
Duluth, GA.
tidefans.com
Three differences.

1) The Elite is black in color while the Premium & Core are white.
2) The Elite has a 120 gig hard drive while the Premium has a 20 gig
3) The Elite supports HDMI input, which only matters if you have an HDTV that also supports HDMI.

If they do indeed lower the prices to what is mentioned in Queasy's post the Elite would be the best option IMHO. You get a much larger hard drive and the ability to use HDMI which will be more and more prevalent in the future.
Thanks for the advice!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.