NCAA 08 Demo up on Xbox Live

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
You would post this while I am at work. I'll definitely be downloading it tonight.

Can you let us know who the teams are and what exactly you have access to in the demo?

Thanks!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
My first impressions (after one game) are that it looks a lot better than I thought it would (can't wait to see what the final version looks like), it plays smoother than last year's IMHO, but there are a couple of things I didn't like. I wasn't too thrilled with the players' running motion (didn't look all that natural) and the tackling is a little spotty at times. You can see a difference in the AI however (especially in the secondary) and it seems as if they've done some pretty good improving there. I'm hopeful after playing this demo that the real version will be much better than last year's, one thing's for sure it doesn't look as if it's going to be lacking features which was one of the major gripes with last year's game. I wish they made the demos longer, but I can't wait for next Tuesday!!! :smile:

Forgot to mention, USC is very very good on the game, as if we all didn't know that already.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
My first impressions (after one game) are that it looks a lot better than I thought it would (can't wait to see what the final version looks like), it plays smoother than last year's IMHO, but there are a couple of things I didn't like. I wasn't too thrilled with the players' running motion (didn't look all that natural) and the tackling is a little spotty at times. You can see a difference in the AI however (especially in the secondary) and it seems as if they've done some pretty good improving there. I'm hopeful after playing this demo that the real version will be much better than last year's, one thing's for sure it doesn't look as if it's going to be lacking features which was one of the major gripes with last year's game. I wish they made the demos longer, but I can't wait for next Tuesday!!! :smile:

Forgot to mention, USC is very very good on the game, as if we all didn't know that already.
Thx. I don't get the online gaming, so I have to wait until next Tuesday to try it.

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
Man, 60fps makes a world of difference. The movements so much smoother than last year's game. PS3 gamers are gonna miss out big time.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
It's definitely a lot smoother and the animations are so much better. The tackling is actually cool to watch because it looks so realistic now. You could tell this was a demo because it was so basic and bland...but I am really excited about the full game coming out next week. The movement of the players is sometimes a bit fake as they seem to have poles shoved up their you know what...but I'm hoping that will be fixed in the full version as well. One cool thing though is that the linemen move around different than the receivers...something I don't think NCAA has had before. I'm pumped though.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
It's definitely a lot smoother and the animations are so much better. The tackling is actually cool to watch because it looks so realistic now. You could tell this was a demo because it was so basic and bland...but I am really excited about the full game coming out next week. The movement of the players is sometimes a bit fake as they seem to have poles shoved up their you know what...but I'm hoping that will be fixed in the full version as well. One cool thing though is that the linemen move around different than the receivers...something I don't think NCAA has had before. I'm pumped though.
Sounds very good. I'm looking forward to next week as well. By chance, how do gang tackles get added into state. Does each player get 1/2 tackle credit or 1 tackle each? Not sure if you can check stats in the demo since I can't play it, just curious.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Sounds very good. I'm looking forward to next week as well. By chance, how do gang tackles get added into state. Does each player get 1/2 tackle credit or 1 tackle each? Not sure if you can check stats in the demo since I can't play it, just curious.
Can't say since you can't view any stats during the demo (except for the ones that will randomly pop up from time to time on a player that's having a good game).

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Yeah...I was really hoping I could see replays in the demo since they kept doing some kind of snapshot effect whenever a big play would happen. But oh well...I'm content with what I have right now knowing that the full game will blow me away next week.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Yeah...I was really hoping I could see replays in the demo since they kept doing some kind of snapshot effect whenever a big play would happen. But oh well...I'm content with what I have right now knowing that the full game will blow me away next week.
I'm kind of surprised they included the snapshots in the demo seeing as how you can't view them and they aren't saved. That will be a really cool feature in the full version however, those snapshots of big plays will be saved and you'll be able to upload them and share them with other people, so that's pretty cool. Can't wait to get my hands on the real thing, it won't be lacking in features this year!

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Don't know if anyone has noticed yet but one of the features screens has Keith Brown on it.

The demo is fun...but I'd personally rather play as the Tide in Bryant-Denny. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Last year's stadium looked great...so this one will no doubt blow me away. I'm most likely not going to be able to get any tickets this fall...so this game will be the closest I'll be able to getting into the stadium.

Roll Tide!

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
last years ncaa demo was the exact same as the game...no improvements other than what was added to the real game.

if things are spotty in the demo... expect them in them in the game.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
last years ncaa demo was the exact same as the game...no improvements other than what was added to the real game.

if things are spotty in the demo... expect them in them in the game.
I don't know, that video that was posted supposedly of the final version looks much better than the demo IMHO. I'm hoping that this is the case when I get my hands on the real game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.