NCAA 08 - Some Bama player ratings

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I saw their team ratings (player by player) and Monk is rated high, as is their big DT (can't remember the name). Their C (maybe one of the guards) is rated pretty high too. The rest of their roster has similar ratings to Bama. Every other receiver for them is in the 70s (pretty sure; maybe 1 guy in the low 80s). I think all of their DL were at least 80 with the DT being a 92-93.
Yeah no I wasn't trying to say that they only have McFadden and Jones and no one else any good on their team, I was just rebutting what DD was suggesting in that the reason Arky was rated so highly was McFadden. They have some talent aside from those two, but it doesn't add up to a top 10 ranking IMHO.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Yeah no I wasn't trying to say that they only have McFadden and Jones and no one else any good on their team, I was just rebutting what DD was suggesting in that the reason Arky was rated so highly was McFadden. They have some talent aside from those two, but it doesn't add up to a top 10 ranking IMHO.
i gotcha. i don't know what they're ranked in the real life preseason polls, but 10 is definitely high. In the game its great though b/c it'd be a win against a top 10 team; big help with recruits and prestige I'm sure.

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
Thx. I was thinking that 77 had to be Motley and 55 as McClain. I didn't know if the CB was Lett or a RS like Coger. Same with the LG, not sure if it was Ross (RS) or Vlachos as a true FR. I'm probably going to up McClain and lower Collins to make up for whatever I do to McClain's since Collins is completely overrated, I might lower his total to the 74-77 OVR range and give the points I took away to Britt and McClain. I think Britt is a little low at 80 (I might make him an 83-84) and bring Rolando up to at least 82-83. Is anyone else going to alter the rosters to make them a little more realistic (like making Grant faster, lowering Collins, etc.)?
Motley is not on the roster,and #77 at 306# is no doubt the actual #77 Walton,just is alittle over rated. #35 must be them thinking juco Ricks gets in.One fr. cb by his ht, and weight is lett.Guys the biggest hint is in their home state and ht,and weight b/c most overalls are pretty off the mark.Also, the largest mistake is they put the wrong fr. DT on the team b/c it should have been chapman or McC. not Murphy. The best way to fix the roster IMO is to change J Barnes from #15 to #66 make him 6'1 274 with 84 str,and 76 tackle(in other words make him into Motley.).

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I didn't think about changing positions like that. I just changed numbers of people who were already at those positions. Like #35, I changed to 49 to make the SS Rashad since I had no clue who 35 was supposed to be. Good call with Ricks. Does anyone know what the "Importance" rating is about? When creating prospects, I'm not sure what to make of it.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Importance rating is just what it implies, it's a measure of how important a player is to his team.

foreveratidefan

Scout Team
Sep 20, 2005
Smyrna, TN
Just played my first game on 08. I can't believe that JJ is that fumble-prone, and passing seems impossible - I threw 5 picks and even when I hit DJ or KB in the hands, they rarely pulled it in!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Just played my first game on 08. I can't believe that JJ is that fumble-prone, and passing seems impossible - I threw 5 picks and even when I hit DJ or KB in the hands, they rarely pulled it in!
The fumbling thing is rather ridiculous, but it only seems to really affect the user and not the CPU. Passing is much more difficult this year than ever before but it's not impossible, you just have to get used to it but it's more realistic than in year's past IMO. I can still throw for well over 300 yards in most games, but you can't rely as much on the deep ball as you could before.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.