I've got it! And, now, I disappear into the abyss - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team TideFan40's Avatar

Re: I've got it! And, now, I disappear into the abyss

Just bought a 360 and a copy of 08...Wow! Graphics are great...I'm used to the ps2...It's gonna be a B**** getting used to these different controls though...I'm guessing it will take A LOT of time...Played 2 games and did have a disc read problem during 1 game?? Anyone have any idea of a time frame to ween myself away from ps2 controls and master 360?

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan40 View Post
    Just bought a 360 and a copy of 08...Wow! Graphics are great...I'm used to the ps2...It's gonna be a B**** getting used to these different controls though...I'm guessing it will take A LOT of time...Played 2 games and did have a disc read problem during 1 game?? Anyone have any idea of a time frame to ween myself away from ps2 controls and master 360?
    change them to the Ps2 controls.....it took me about 6-8 games to get used to them, and I prefer them over the PS2 now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I just killed Vandy...

John Parker was having a field day against their secondary.

BamaNation First Team TideFan40's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    change them to the Ps2 controls.....it took me about 6-8 games to get used to them, and I prefer them over the PS2 now.
    Yeah, I was trying to avoid that but I think I am xbox-illiterate so I may have to, lol

BamaNation All-American

I for one am disappointed...

Great graphics??? Are you serious? The stadiums look awesome, but the players have changed little since 07. Not to mention Alabama's home uni's look like the are covered in glitter and our helmets got replaced with OU's.

Gameplay- Almost the same as 07, however, EA has added more useless things to this season, which they will abandon in 09 (see stadium noise, composure). The highlight feature thing is pretty neat though, and am surprised it hasn't been done before this season.

Dynasty is pretty engaging, you have to constantly keep up with recruits, etc.

Audio - Hasn't changed in years... terrible

Same thing they keep doling out every year, with the same new "special features", with the same boring "HE CAN SCOOT"....

EA can do better than this...
    SoldierForTide - Tidefans.com's "biggest sunshine pumper"

Drink water. Drive on!

1958 " at one of Bryant's early, preseason press conferences, a reporter said, 'Coach, the Alumni are expecting your team to go undefeated next season. Coach growled back, 'The hell you say! I'm alumnus, and I don't expect us to go undefeated."

BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

I'm disappointed somewhat with some of the things this year like why the players look like they have poles shoved up their you know what when they run, but overall it's WAY WAY WAY better than last year's. I agree that EA could do much better however and frankly we as consumers deserve better.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation All-American crmsnrevelation's Avatar

[QUOTE=SoldierForTide;610060]I for one am disappointed...

Great graphics??? Are you serious? The stadiums look awesome, but the players have changed little since 07. Not to mention Alabama's home uni's look like the are covered in glitter and our helmets got replaced with OU's.

Gameplay- Almost the same as 07, however, EA has added more useless things to this season, which they will abandon in 09 (see stadium noise, composure). The highlight feature thing is pretty neat though, and am surprised it hasn't been done before this season.

Dynasty is pretty engaging, you have to constantly keep up with recruits, etc.

Audio - Hasn't changed in years... terrible

Same thing they keep doling out every year, with the same new "special features", with the same boring "HE CAN SCOOT"....

EA can do better than this...[/QUOTE]

Why should you expect anything more? We have gotten the shaft for years. It will only get better once the monopoly is disintigrated.
    "Alabama, though, simply had enough. Enough of Tebow, enough of hearing about the Gators' talent, enough of the insipid Gator chomp cheer, enough of Urban Meyer's smirking, Tebow-cuddling sideline demeanor.
    And history has shown, over and over again, that when Alabama has had enough of something, the Tide tends to rectify the situation with great haste and forcefulness."
    --JessN--

Anybody care to tell me how to high step on the 360 im scoring to many TD's hahaha

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

play a game on 07, then play one on 08 immediately after......there's a pleasant difference, at least to me, anyways. Gameplay smoothness is definitely noticeable.

I think high step is B, but don't hold me to it.
    Last edited by runtheoption22; July 18th, 2007 at 10:47 PM.

BamaNation All-American BigAl5833's Avatar

psxsports.com has a rough version of their rosters up for xbox 360. They think the whole thing should be done by Friday maybe. I hope they come out on ps3 soon afterwards.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideFan40 View Post

I have had the disk read problem twice, but only during the Campus Legend.
    Roll Tide from Rolling Tide

BamaNation All-American TIDEFAN17's Avatar

Big A Re: I've got it! And, now, I disappear into the abyss

From some of these replies, I am definitely gonna play this game before I consider buying it. Do not want to be disappointed like I was with last years version.
    "Watching Auburn football is like puking on a pile of crap".

I think it is a big improvement from last year. How else can they make it better?

1. The AI is better! I'm having a hard time passing!! I may have to practice.

2. My graphics are better, but I have a big screen.

3. I really don't expect more from the Audio.

4. I like the ESPN.com features.

5. I wish you could get the live weather feed on Dynasty mode.

6. I wish they would expand the team selections to include some such as NAU and the Big Sky conference. Just think it would be cool!
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant