I've got it! And, now, I disappear into the abyss

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
Im playing mine now. I dont know about this weather channel feature though. Why wasnt i informed that BDS has been moved to a foreign country? Im showing 72 and sunny????:conf2:

bamafan37

1st Team
Feb 2, 2005
Hey RTO and BigAl, what are some of your impressions of the game? I had to send my xbox off to be fixed so I can't play the game yet. Does Bama have a pretty good team?

jeremy

Suspended
Nov 22, 2004
Alabama
I got home with my copy last night around 12:15am. Played a quick game against UAB and beat them 42-9. Apparently UAB has a decent field goal kicker :biggrin:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
i already have 07 is it worth buying this version or are there not enough changes to bother? in other words what is different?
Gameplay is similar, but I think '08 is better. Recruiting is completely different in '08. I started a dynasty to see how recruiting worked and it is really fun if you're a recruiting junkie. That's probably the biggest difference. I don't really get into graphics, so i can't comment on it, but the gameplay and recruiting made '08 worth it to me (so far).

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
i got it last night (gamestop opened at 12 :biggrin:)

gameplay wise it kinda reminds me of madden, and i dont play madden so its different for me. the controls are hard to get used to.

the only thing i dont like is it seems like they took the commentary from 06 and 07 and put it together with like 2 new comments and thats what we have in 08

graphics look good tho

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I'm picking mine up after work today. You really can't do too much with the commentary since it's all pre-recorded. I'm sure the graphics are great. I could already tell a huge difference between 07 and the demo for this one. And trust me...when your screen is 56 inches...you can tell minor and major differences. I think the rest of this afternoon is going to crawl by.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Hey RTO and BigAl, what are some of your impressions of the game? I had to send my xbox off to be fixed so I can't play the game yet. Does Bama have a pretty good team?
360 version, btw.

Hands-down better than 07. I've only played one quarter with Bama against Tennessee and a lot on the Campus Legend mode. Graphics are great. It is smoother. OL actually will change blocks, get to second level, etc. You can actually run between the tackles.

If you don't get updated rosters from someone, you'll need to make some changes. Still waiting on mine to start a dynasty.

JPW is too slow.
JJ is 5 yards and hard to tackle.
Capps is rated too high.
Johnson and Stabler need to be moved from RG to RT.
Ross is too low, IMO.
Grant is WAAAAY too low.
Alexander is WAAAAY too low.
Fanuzzi will be a fun one to use some zone option plays with.
Sharrief is still listed at RB.
Collins is rated WAAAAY too high and is still at LB.

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
Same thing for ps3 as RTO said for 360. I thought this game would be like it was on 360 last year, but i am pleasantly surprised. The 30 fps has not made a difference. I have found one glitch though, sometimes when you go to kick a field goal your holder completely misses the ball and one of your players turns into a giant. It goes right back to normal but kind of weird. It wont bother me to much untill it cost me a game. Definately worth picking up, recruiting is 100 times better than it has been in the past. No more just putting points on a player, you have to find out what is important to him and sale that part of your program, or sway him away from that to something else.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I agree with much of what has already been said, but I'd also throw in that the super sim option is a VERY valuable addition to this year's version, saves a lot of time! Time which will now be spent on recruiting! I love what they've done with recruiting, it's light years ahead of where its been and I haven't even made it to the off-season yet. I've only scratched the surface but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far!

BTW, you'll most certainly want to edit the roster because there are a bunch of discrepancies in there. :eek:

TideFan40

1st Team
Nov 7, 2006
Athens, AL
Just bought a 360 and a copy of 08...Wow! Graphics are great...I'm used to the ps2...It's gonna be a B**** getting used to these different controls though...I'm guessing it will take A LOT of time...Played 2 games and did have a disc read problem during 1 game?? :conf2::conf2: Anyone have any idea of a time frame to ween myself away from ps2 controls and master 360?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Just bought a 360 and a copy of 08...Wow! Graphics are great...I'm used to the ps2...It's gonna be a B**** getting used to these different controls though...I'm guessing it will take A LOT of time...Played 2 games and did have a disc read problem during 1 game?? :conf2::conf2: Anyone have any idea of a time frame to ween myself away from ps2 controls and master 360?
change them to the Ps2 controls.....it took me about 6-8 games to get used to them, and I prefer them over the PS2 now.

SoldierForTide

All-American
Sep 28, 2006
Atlanta
I for one am disappointed...

Great graphics??? Are you serious? The stadiums look awesome, but the players have changed little since 07. Not to mention Alabama's home uni's look like the are covered in glitter and our helmets got replaced with OU's.

Gameplay- Almost the same as 07, however, EA has added more useless things to this season, which they will abandon in 09 (see stadium noise, composure). The highlight feature thing is pretty neat though, and am surprised it hasn't been done before this season.

Dynasty is pretty engaging, you have to constantly keep up with recruits, etc.

Audio - Hasn't changed in years... terrible

Same thing they keep doling out every year, with the same new "special features", with the same boring "HE CAN SCOOT"....

EA can do better than this...

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I'm disappointed somewhat with some of the things this year like why the players look like they have poles shoved up their you know what when they run, but overall it's WAY WAY WAY better than last year's. I agree that EA could do much better however and frankly we as consumers deserve better.

crmsnrevelation

All-American
Nov 8, 2005
Mobile Alabama
I for one am disappointed...

Great graphics??? Are you serious? The stadiums look awesome, but the players have changed little since 07. Not to mention Alabama's home uni's look like the are covered in glitter and our helmets got replaced with OU's.

Gameplay- Almost the same as 07, however, EA has added more useless things to this season, which they will abandon in 09 (see stadium noise, composure). The highlight feature thing is pretty neat though, and am surprised it hasn't been done before this season.

Dynasty is pretty engaging, you have to constantly keep up with recruits, etc.

Audio - Hasn't changed in years... terrible

Same thing they keep doling out every year, with the same new "special features", with the same boring "HE CAN SCOOT"....

EA can do better than this...[/QUOTE]

Why should you expect anything more? We have gotten the shaft for years. It will only get better once the monopoly is disintigrated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.