Dynasty Mentality?

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
When you guys are playing your dynasty's do you act as if YOU are the coach or as if Saban or like last year Shula is calling the shots?

Like for example.. last year I would call plays (hahaha) like Shula (I would score in the red zone though) and also recruit like Shula.. I would also play a ton of 3-3-5 and 4-3... now this year I am recruiting like Saban and calling plays from Rice's playbook and playing the 3-4... just wondering if i'm the only one that tries to simulate the actual team ...or if anyone else actually comes up w/ their own offense and defense and recruiting philosophy...

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I'm kind of the same way, I'm using the Spread playbook on offense and the 3-4 on defense. I'm not fixed on any one particular offense or defense though, sometimes I like to conform to what the strengths of my team are, so I like to stay flexible.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I got to thinking yesterday... why do I act like Saban or Shula?... haha I think I am going to do what I want from now on!
I go through phases.

When I get mine started, I bet I'll play the first 5 or 6 seasons with CNS' offense and defense.

Then, after all the current players have left, and I have recruited my own, I'll see what will fit best. After about 10 years or so, you probably can just call me Paul Johnson. :biggrin2:

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
haha..

Sometimes I lose interest after all the current players are gone.. but my last couple dynastys on my old 360 went pretty long b4 the darn thing quit working..

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I play my own game mainly because I have a way of playing that works for me and when I try to do something else I get beaten. I can't use the 3-4 or 3-3-5worth a flip. I like to use the 4-4 on rushing plays and either the nickle or dime package for passing plays. On offense I run a lot out of the I and use play action. If y'all thought Coach Shula's offense was boring you should see mine. ;) But it works for me and I win ball games, so go figure.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I like running plays out of singleback, i formation, and shotgun, so i look for whatever playbook has the most of that stuff. On D, i run a lot of nickel (both 3 and 4 man fronts).

HavenTide

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 11, 2006
Winter Haven. FL
defensively I primarily run 3-4 and nickel (with A LOT) of blitzing and I use dime for one play only - double corner blitz. WORKS EVERY TIME.

Offensively I used to be nothing but option, but I have evolved into a balanced almost pass-first system. I don't try to emulate a particular coach, but once I get the team good enough to win a national title every year (I like to make bad teams good) I set a goal to win the Heisman with a particular player every year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.