Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    BamaNation All-SEC UAEngineer113's Avatar

Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Check this out!!

GT5 Prologue website goes live:
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/

A few screen shots of actual game play footage:

BTW, don't forget to check out the videos! You can either watch them in high quality flash or download them in 720p .WMV or .MOV format.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d920.html
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d944.html

Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Oh, just for reference...

GT5's competition:

Forza Motorsport 2 for XBox360

No competition...

BamaNation Hall of Fame Queasy1's Avatar

In terms of graphics, no. No competition. GT has always had a leg up in terms of graphics. The Polyphony devs are genius there.

In terms of physics, damage, customizations, etc....Forza wins.

BTW, I like how you picked the most fugly pic you could find for Forza.

"The more one considers the matter, the clearer it becomes that redistribution is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State." - Bertrand de Jouvenel

Suspended

Yeah, its like you tried to find the worst possible screen shot for Forza. Either way, I'll admit GT5 is clearly the better looking. GT5 has the better eye candy, but Forza is the winner when it comes to the best driving sim.

How can you both say that Forza's the best driving sim when NEITHER of you has played GT5? How do you know what GT5's physics are like?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Queasy1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UAEngineer113 View Post
    How can you both say that Forza's the best driving sim when NEITHER of you has played GT5? How do you know what GT5's physics are like?
    Based off of past history perhaps? GT4 looked prettier than Forza 1 but Forza 1 had the better physics, damage, and car customization. I'm not saying that GT5's physics will be crap...just that Forza 2's will likely be better based off of past history and the bit of information that has come out already. Already the Polyphony devs have ruled out any car damage in GT...again.
    "The more one considers the matter, the clearer it becomes that redistribution is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State." - Bertrand de Jouvenel

Yea, the car damage thing is annoying. I really wish GT allowed damage, or atleast a performance drop if you hit a wall or something. Smack into a wall or another car, then your car drives like poo.

BamaNation First Team Rollintide80's Avatar

I for one can't wait for GT5 to come out. I love the GT games but I do agree that the cars should take damage. NCAA 08 and GT5....what more do you need!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-SEC specialkpntbl's Avatar

If you do have a PS3 they have a Gran Turismo HD concept download at the playstation store (its free). Its one of the first things I downloaded from there. You cant really appreciate the graphics until you actualy see them on your tv. The opening movie is incredible. The download is only one track but i think you can unlock about 10 stock cars and once you do that you unlock all the modified cars.
    Defeat is part of football, remembered -- in the South -- even longer than victory. It is the lurking possibility of defeat that makes victory so sweet; it lies there waiting in ambush, out of sight, beyond anyone's control, ready to snap sweet victory away in merciless iron jaws