New Parking Restrictions

BamaFanOJ

2nd Team
Oct 19, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I was looking on the UA Gameday website at the new parking restrictions for 2007 and I was surprised. They are greatly limiting the space for RV'ers and Tailgaters to park. The spot where I usually tailgate has been taken over for student resident parking. They are making people buy spaces in the soccer parking lot and ride the trolley to the stadium. Here is a map of the new restrictions: 2007 Gameday Parking

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I just noticed that today as well. Not sure where you used to park but I used to park behind Paty, and that has always been student resident parking, but was open to the public on weekends. The are just closing it to the public now.

It stinks, b/c I do not know what to do short of getting the season pass at the soccer field. I am coming from MEM so I like to park on the North side of campus for an easy exit, and it looks like my options are now becoming limited. The fact that you could park most anywhere on campus added to the convenience and atmosphere. This new policy stinks!

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS
I just noticed that today as well. Not sure where you used to park but I used to park behind Paty, and that has always been student resident parking, but was open to the public on weekends. The are just closing it to the public now.

It stinks, b/c I do not know what to do short of getting the season pass at the soccer field. I am coming from MEM so I like to park on the North side of campus for an easy exit, and it looks like my options are now becoming limited. The fact that you could park most anywhere on campus added to the convenience and atmosphere. This new policy stinks!
It would seem that only a few of us on this board really seem to be bothered by these new rules.
I stated on an earlier thread that it will be like an away game because you will end up parking in town and taking a bus to the stadium.
If charging for parking was an issue then why not charge the fee and offer the "bus" ride at an additional fee.
This would suck but at least you would be able to park on campus.
As of right now there are only 800 spots in the soccer field.
We will have 92'138 people at the game and parking near the quad or on campus is "outlawed" so what will happen when all of the people roll in to town early in the morning for the 11:30 am ball game expecting to park as usual?
It is going to a Royal Mess!!

Correct me if I'm wrong... but things start shutting down 3 hours before kick-off, including the certain lots on campus that aren't already restricted (Student residential parking). The lot I usually park in by Rogers Library apparently is still ok as long as I'm there 3 hours before kick-off, which always happens. Am I right or wrong on this?

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Correct me if I'm wrong... but things start shutting down 3 hours before kick-off, including the certain lots on campus that aren't already restricted (Student residential parking). The lot I usually park in by Rogers Library apparently is still ok as long as I'm there 3 hours before kick-off, which always happens. Am I right or wrong on this?
It's not that they close any certain parking lots 3 hrs. prior, they just close a certain perimeter of streets. If you're not inside that perimeter when they close...."no soup for you!"
I don't think the Rogers Library is inside the area that closes 3 hrs. prior to kickoff, so you are OK there.

aden

Suspended
Jan 30, 2005
citronelle ala
After parking at coleman for over 10 years, I,and my Ghetto companions,believe that the first weekend will be a massive traffic jam when you haveover a 100 rv's or more trying to enter at 6:00. I don't know about the other lots butwe have never had a problem with reserved parking orsaving spaces. I think the city of Tuscaloosa may see a dropoff in revenue as the thursday arrivers can't park until Friday. I hope they will see the chaos that will hit the rush hour traffic and change our arrival time.

quince

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 25, 2007
I think the reason more people aren't outraged over the new parking restrictions is because they don't know....it's going to be a big league mess on gameday, then hopefully more will voice their displeasure. :mad2:

BAMANUB

Jul 7, 2007
After parking at coleman for over 10 years, I,and my Ghetto companions,believe that the first weekend will be a massive traffic jam when you haveover a 100 rv's or more trying to enter at 6:00. I don't know about the other lots butwe have never had a problem with reserved parking orsaving spaces. I think the city of Tuscaloosa may see a dropoff in revenue as the thursday arrivers can't park until Friday. I hope they will see the chaos that will hit the rush hour traffic and change our arrival time.

I'M NOT SURE THAT THE UNIVERSITY CARES, I AM SURE THAT THE BUSINESSES DO BUT EVIDENTLY THEY DON'T HAVE THE CLOUT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

AUGUST 31 AT 6:00 PM WILL BE SOMETHING TO REMEMBER AND IT WILL NOT BE A GOOD MEMORY.

bama67

Jul 6, 2007
We usually arrive a bout 4-5 hours before game to set up and tailgate. I either park at the church between Bryant Museum and BDS on Bryant Dr. or at the bank on University BLVD. ( I think it's a Amsouth not sure ).Will I still be able to park in these areas?

BamaLaw

Suspended
Oct 15, 1999
Homewood, AL USA
We usually arrive a bout 4-5 hours before game to set up and tailgate. I either park at the church between Bryant Museum and BDS on Bryant Dr. or at the bank on University BLVD. ( I think it's a Amsouth not sure ).Will I still be able to park in these areas?
AmSouth no longer exists in Alabama and Florida. Haven't you heard, "AmSouth is becoming the 'new Regions.'" Actually, the AmSouth Bank that was on University Blvd, I believe, was one that was sold to "RBC Centura. Since that is not University controlled, I'd imagine if you have always parked there, It's likely still fair game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.