NCAA 08 claims 11 NC's

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I was playing my campus legand today and was browsing through my team information and saw that EA claims only 11 champioships. Where did this come from? Anybody else notice it? Maybe EA is out to bring us down to.:mad2:

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
You're right. EA Sports and the Trilateral Commission have ganged up with ESPN and the NCAA to take Bama down.

Last edited:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Well i guess we should start bragging to all the Gator fans how we one-upped their double national championship year with a 5 national championship year, strictly in football!!:tongue:

HavenTide

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 11, 2006
Winter Haven. FL
I don't think they use all the polls and national championship claims that existed in the 20s and 30s.

Obviously the BCS and AP national titles are counted for, but I think if you look at championships from the 20s 30s and 40s, all of those teams are shortchanged from what the school claims

crimsonnate

3rd Team
Aug 31, 2005
Nashville, Tennessee
where is this info stated in the game i have ps2 version and do not know where to look up the historical data. Also they give Notre Dame credit for everyone of the teams that won back in the early 20th century look at all the historic teams.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I say nice job to EA because that is the most yet in one of there games. They have always only given us 6-9 in previous years so, this is an improvement. We may get all 12 one year yet!

I'm not at home so , I can't check but, I believe the info is in one of 2 places (or both).
1 - when you are looking at your schedule in dynasty mode you can highlight a game and click the right stick and see info about the game. There are a few pages on that screen (LB/RB change pages) and I think on one of them it has info about each school, including last conference title and # of NC.
or
2 - Under team management, under coaches strategy.

Last edited:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
1 - when you are looking at your schedule in dynasty mode you can highlight a game and click the right stick and see info about the game. There are a few pages on that screen (LB/RB change pages) and I think on one of them it has info about each school, including last conference title and # of NC.
QUOTE]

this seems like where i found it. I was playing my campus legend, if that would make a difference.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
The lead prgrammer for EA is an Auburn alumn. I read an article on IGN or something about him. Shocked it doesnt have only the 6 AP titles.

brboyd

Oct 11, 2007
Ive seen Bama listed at only 11 somewhere else (sorry forgot where) but I remember looking up to my banner on the wall and checking their record and they discounted the 1941 NC. I believe it was because of the type of poll used, if I recall correctly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.