What is difference in NCAA 08 for PS2/PS3 or XBox

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Title says it all. I still only have a PS2 and cant decide if I want to go ahead and buy NCAA 08 for it or wait a couple months when I decide if I am going to get a PS3 or XBox. Are there any differences besides graphics?

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Get a NextGen system because you want one...not because the graphics look better for NCAA Football. I love my 360 because I can download games via Live, watch HD-DVDs via the add-on player, play old Xbox games, plus it has a hard drive so I don't need memory cards or anything like that. The graphics are awesome but you really can't appreciate NextGen graphics if you don't have an HDTV. So...I would say...get a 360 or PS3 for the right reasons so you can truly enjoy it.

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
I have a couple HD tvs now so that wont be a problem. Have had one for years. Also, I understand what your saying, but I would not be buying the system just for one game either. I am going to get a next gen system in the next couple months. Now is the game that much better on the next gen system compared to a PS2 that I should wait on buying the game when I have the next gen system? Or is there not any gameplay difference between the two?

I dont want to buy the game twice ya know...

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
well, i bought the offical strategy guide from gamestop and i was flipping through it, and they left out alot of stuff on the ps3 that they didn't on the xbox and even the ps2.

the basic game is there its just little extra things that i saw in the guide and i was like *** thats not even in my game.

one of the biggest things is that the xbox and ps2 versions come with the FCS teams (the western kentucky's and northeastern's) and anytime those teams are on your dynasty or campus legand schedule on the ps3 you get what is basicly a mash up of the the region's teams with what they call "FCS Southeast" or "FCS Northwest"

I mean would it have been really that hard to add this in???

Roll`92`Tide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2007
Houston, TX
There are differences for NCAA08 between the PS2 and PS3. First off graphics are improved and really sharp! That being said the only differences I noticed was in the "My Shrine" feature. On the PS2 you can only save photos of your big plays, while the PS3 lets you store the video of the play not just a photo! The only other difference to me was the gameplay. I think the PS2 gameplay is better(faster)than the PS3.:biggrin:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.