Football Is Upon Us

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
The temperature in Tuscaloosa is hovering in the upper 90s. That can only mean one thing -- football season is upon us! Most schools will open in a jamboree of some sort on August 24 (only three weeks away). I can hardly wait.

TideHawk, I hope you are planning on the "You Make the Call" questions again this year. Just to start everyone off, I have one for you:

Red kicks off to White. The ball bounces on the ground and rolls to the White 5 yard line. As a Red player dives for the ball, a White player kicks it through and out of the end zone. What is your ruling?

TideHead

All-SEC
May 19, 2003
I'll take a guess: Illegal kick, half the distance to the goal. 1st and 10 at the 2.5 yard line.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Like I said TideHead, you got the correct foul. It is illegal kicking. Because this happened during a loose ball play the penalty, if accepted, would be marked from the previous spot or the 40 yard line and Red would rekick. If Red chose to decline the penalty, the results of the play would stand. It would be a touchback and White would take over on the 20.

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
That was a tough one to start off with, jake! Yes, I am planning to do YMTC again this year. I will wait until week 1 of the HS season to start us off. jake, are you still with your same crew?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.