Anyone able to keep Coffee healthy?

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
My first season, Coffee went down with an injury and didn't come back until the bowl. He was injured again in the first quarter and was out the rest of the game.

Second season, Coffee went down with an injury on the first offensive play of the first game and is out for 12 weeks.

WTH?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I didn't have any serious injury trouble with Coffee, in fact he was my first Heisman winner, then he promptly bolted for the NFL! :smile:

bamajas

1st Team
Oct 5, 2005
Jasper, AL
i haven't played too many games in the season yet, but have had no injuries with him...

he fumbled on his first two carries against UGA, though...

jason122798

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2007
I have Grant as my starting RB with J. Johns starting at FB. Only played 2 games (5 min quarters) so far (didn't get the game until a few days ago).... I beat Auburn 31-21 then started a season. After a very slow start against W. Carolina it was all knotted up at 7-7 after the first quarter. I straightened things out and went on to defeat WC by a score of 103-14. I know, I know..I should ashamed, but I couldn't help myself. btw, Grant ended up with 247 yds on 15 carries. Upchurch added 121 yds on 7 carries. Player of the game was DJ Hall, he finished with 8 total TDs (3 receiving, 2 rushing (reverses), 2 punt returns, and 1 kickoff return. ) DJ was the man!

Last edited:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
its funny you bring that up. My first year of dynasty he went down for 6 weeks, somewhere around mid-season. Second year he went down with a couple minor injuries (out for games, 2 qtrs, will return soons). It was pretty funny at one point in my second season. I dont remember who i was playing, but i called a run and turned to my friend and said watch, he's about to go down. And i'll be danged if he didn't. But it was only a couple of plays with "turf toe.":rolleyes:

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
I don't have this one but , you used to be able to just turn the injuries off .

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
Johns is just so slow in the game though. I ended up moving him to FB and featuring Upchurch.
I suppose CNS played the game too,and noticed JJ was too slow to play TB and moved him too.It's kinda funny,but last season in 07 after McClain and Castille graduated I needed to change somebody in position changes to play FB. Yes,even without changing any abilities JJ went from 82 overall to 90 overall when he was changed to fb so I did it too.

irish_tide

Scout Team
Apr 24, 2007
Manassas, VA
I'm on the 2010 season and the only injuries I can remember Coffee going down with are pulled muscles that sat him out for a couple of quarters. I moved Johns to fullback also and can't believe the change! He's faster than most FB's and can break tackles more often. Coffee became my second Heisman winner, right behind DJ Hall in 2007.

:BigA::BigA: Roll Tide :BigA::BigA:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
in my latest dynasty adventure, coffee went down for 3 weeks with back spasms, and on his second game back, he went down for the season with a broken vertebrate

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.