Has anyone made Bama Bombs?

VandyTider

Aug 12, 2007
Hey guys- This is my first post although I've lurked for at least 2 years now and I had a question about Bama bombs. I'm a student at Vandy but I've been a Bama fan all my life and would like to make some Bombs for tailgating at the Bama/Vandy game. I was hoping someone had a good method for preparation/serving of Bama Bombs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Roll Tide!!

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Yes. Simple to do: Obtain a mason jar (size of your choosing), fill it about halfway with pure grain alcohol (making sure to leave room for the cherries and their juice), then pour in a couple of jars of marachino (sp) cherries (including juice).

Put in the fridge and let sit overnight.

Serving is easy, just scoop 'em straight out of the jar w/a slotted spoon, place in a bowl and provide your guests with toothpicks.

I love me some Bama Bombs!

CRMSNTD

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2004
Been makin' them since the 80's. I brought them to my inlaws RV when they parked by the Sigma Nu house.:biggrin2:

It's best to use a large jar from "Sam's" and add 2 cups of sugar. The longer they sit the better. I make them at A Day and they have 6 months to marinate.:eek:

I always have them in the RV and you can come at the Vandy game to try them.

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Been makin' them since the 80's. I brought them to my inlaws RV when they parked by the Sigma Nu house.:biggrin2:

It's best to use a large jar from "Sam's" and add 2 cups of sugar. The longer they sit the better. I make them at A Day and they have 6 months to marinate.:eek:

I always have them in the RV and you can come at the Vandy game to try them.

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris
Oooohhh....adding sugar.....I'll have to try that.
Although I do tend to prefer my booze-related ingestions to be non-sweet and with a KICK. I'll have to see if I like them.

CRMSNTD

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2004
Sugar lightens the jolt (hides) the kick of the PGA.

Well, we actually have another version that we use.

We named the Bama Bombs in the 80's and Warren St John (Rammer Jammer-author) named our Bomb juice/Sprite "Van Tiffin" (Sprite with a little kicker). Then last year some friends stubbled into another version (get it). My better 1/2 came up with the perfect name for it.

Make Strawberry or Cherry "Jello Shooters" ...substitute 1/2 the water needed with Vodka. Now add a "BAMA Bomb" or two or three, minus the stem to the jello and let it set.

You now have a...

"Rammer Jammer Jello Hammer"

Hope you enjoy them. That reminds me I have some stems that need to be removed. It's almost time for football!

Those of you that are around the Coleman lot, come try'em. I know TidePrider likes them.

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris Bice

Last edited:

alextupelo

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2006
Tuscaloosa, Alabama

We named the Bama Bombs in the 80's and Warren St John (Rammer Jammer-author) named our Bomb juice/Sprite "Van Tiffin" (Sprite with a little kicker). Then last year some friends stubbled into another version (get it). My better 1/2 came up with the perfect name for it.

Make Strawberry or Cherry "Jello Shooters" ...substitute 1/2 the water needed with Vodka. Now add a "BAMA Bomb" or two or three, minus the stem to the jello and let it set.

You now have a...

Hope you enjoy them. That reminds me I have some stems that need to be removed. It's almost time for football!

Those of you that are around the Coleman lot, come try'em. I know TidePrider likes them.

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris Bice
I feel like i'm talking to a celebrate, being underage its been a little hard to obtain the ingredients for Bama Bombs, but i've always wanted to try one since reading the book.

CRMSNTD

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2004
Please drink/consume responsibly !
We do not condone underage drinking or disorderly conduct.

Punishment: "Lower Gym"

:biggrin:**This has been a TideFans Public Service Announcement**:biggrin:

TidePrider

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 21, 2005

You now have a...

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris Bice
When Chris brings out the Bama Bombs and Rammer Jammer Jello Hammers my wife could beat DJ Hall on a post pattern to get to them. I am right behind her.

Roll Tide

crimsonnate

3rd Team
Aug 31, 2005
Nashville, Tennessee

You now have a...

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris Bice

Where is your RV? I have never tried either of them. I may try to make some for the Vandy Game are you going to be there?

Roll Tide

CRMSNTD

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2004
We park in the Coleman lot and yes, we plan to be in Nashville. One of our "crew" has been trying to make arrangements for our parking there so we're not sure where we'll be yet. There is an elementary school off Blakemore(2blocks south). We're usually easy to find if you look up. Our group flies teal flags along with our Bama flags.

Last edited:

CTBamaFan

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 31, 2000
Vestavia Hills, AL USA
Bama Bombs are great, Rammer Jammer Jello Hammers will jump start any pregame, but hanging with Chris, Paula and the world famous Larry is the best.

Miss you guys. Hope to see you soon!

RTR

Jeff & Gerri

CRMSNTD

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2004
See y'all soon! Hope you got the 2007 Gameday Menu that we sent out.

ROLL TIDE!!
Chris

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.