New PC or Game Console???

coosacrimson

1st Team
Dec 6, 2000
Alexandria, Louisiana
fatalityinc.com
I like flight sims and FPS. Do any of you have a recommendation? Should I spend $2000 on a new PC or get a PS3 or XBOX? Where, oh where have all the good flight sims gone for the PC?? I used to love AH-64 Apache from Janes. There have been several good fixed wing sims over the years for the PC too. I just don't know about the consoles though, never had one.
Thanks

coosacrimson

1st Team
Dec 6, 2000
Alexandria, Louisiana
fatalityinc.com
I know there are some good looking games on console and some real powerful systems now, but with Crysis coming out it may be worth it to plop down the 2K for a new computer. I just wondered if it was better to spend, say $600, on a new console instead. Same enjoyment for the cheaper. I know the controls take some getting used to, so I've been told.
Thanks
:conf3:

bamapride79

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2003
Ok. The main question I have is.... do you mostly play single player games or do you play multi-player games?

coosacrimson

1st Team
Dec 6, 2000
Alexandria, Louisiana
fatalityinc.com
Well, single player, however I really enjoyed the Battlefield games. Best ever, I thought. Unfortunately, the software has bypassed my hardware and doesn't run 2042 very well.
Also, I find some of the multiplayer elements are too much of a frag fest, not the setting up of enemies, strategy part of games. Also, unless you are in a clan, there isn't usually much teamwork either.
If I could find a flight sim or FPS that is good, I would rather play single player.
They just don't make good helicopter flight sims anymore.
Are the consoles more for single?
Thanks

CrimsonCable

All-American
Oct 19, 1999
Pensacola, FL USA
Well, single player, however I really enjoyed the Battlefield games. Best ever, I thought. Unfortunately, the software has bypassed my hardware and doesn't run 2042 very well.
Also, I find some of the multiplayer elements are too much of a frag fest, not the setting up of enemies, strategy part of games. Also, unless you are in a clan, there isn't usually much teamwork either.
If I could find a flight sim or FPS that is good, I would rather play single player.
They just don't make good helicopter flight sims anymore.
Are the consoles more for single?
Thanks
XBox Live is a great service. Sony's PSN network, is up and down. (And I mean that literally. Sometimes their servers are AWOL. Sony has a long way to go before they catch up with Live.) It used to be that the PC was the only realistic way to play online, but those days are dead and gone. So preferences for online play aren't really a factor for this decision. However, the "keyboard and mouse" issue still is. I detest playing FPSs with a controller. I use my PC to play FPS games and American RPGs. I use consoles to play sports games and Japanese RPGs. I also prefer using consoles for playing games like Grand Theft Auto and Adventure games, such as Zelda and Fable. My advice.......BUY EVERYTHING!! :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.