The Grove (MUST READ)

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Beer is illegal under county law, and thus prohibited in the Grove. Although liquor is legal for people 21 and older
Beer BAD........Liquor GOOD :confused:

Not sure I understand, but good luck ENFORCING that rule/law on gameday!
There is obviously nothing better to do in Oxford for the UPD.

That another situation where the police like to enforce their authority over college students, even when they are following the law. Making 21 and older students pour out their liqueur just because, or go to jail. More misinformation all around on this topic.
Saying no alcohol at a tailgate is like saying no ticket scalping. It sounds good, but you know it aint going to happen, and 95% of the time, its a blind eye by the police.

example: Tailgate for 4 years at Legion Field, B'ham city property, and police have never, ever said or done anything about it. Tailgate for a concert at the BJCC, while parked in the BJCC lot, on like a Tuesday. Bike cop stops on the other side of the fence and asks what we are doing, leading question. We say we are tailgating before we go into the concert, and we were like 24-25 yrs old. Just 2 of us. He asks us what an open container law is? We tell him we are from Ga, show him out GA plates on my Jeep. He then sees my UA alumni tag frame and says, well, you went to Alabama, so you should be aware of the law. I then asked if Legion Field is on city property and if there is a open container there? Cop got ....ed, I caught him. He said to close up that car, leave and go to the concert, or be arrested and miss the show. We just looked at each other, and closed up the back tailgate, got inside (dark tinted windows), turned up the tunes, drank about 4-5 more beers, aaaaand then went to the show.

Just an example.....

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
He then sees my UA alumni tag frame and says, well, you went to Alabama, so you should be aware of the law. I then asked if Legion Field is on city property and if there is a open container there? Cop got ....ed, I caught him. He said to close up that car, leave and go to the concert, or be arrested and miss the show.
Must have been an AUbarn grad. p...ed off that his captain was a BAMA grad & made him work the downtown bike shift!!!!!:smilielol5:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.