Probst hands loss to Hoover

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
Had the game won in regulation. The score was 17 - 17. It was 3rd and goal from the 10, with 7 seconds left at the snap on a running play off the left tackle. The RB got it down to the 3 before being tackled - with no time left on the clock! No chance to kick a gimme FG for the win. They lose in OT, 20 - 17.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I may be in the minority here, but it couldn't happen to a better man.
IDK... I mean from what I hear about Buddy Anderson and him being a 'Saint" and getting upset by a 5-A school he may be the better man right now.:rolleye2: 21-12 wow I guess he needs to pray more in Sunday School.:redface: Go Bucs and can't wait to play yall!!!:cool:

JHHALL1

1st Team
Apr 6, 2006
I don't think to much of Buddy either. And what you said about him not being a "saint" is true. I don't think VH has a QB this year so they might lose and lose a lot it'll be good for them maybe get Buddy out of there....

I'm going to catch some heat on this one.....

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It does not matter how good or bad yall's QB is. Vestavia ALWAYS plays Hoover hard no matter what and last time I looked their RB Justin Rogers is still one of the top players in the state.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Why is it so hard for some people to spell "Propst"? Is this some sort of ongoing insult to continually spell his name incorrectly??

If so it sort of reminds me of people referring to the Tide as "UAT", as if that were an insult.. both seem rather petty to me.

I agree that he needs to think before running off at the mouth most of the time and his brash, bullheaded play calling has backfired on several occasions but his overall results speak for themselve's and not just at Hoover.

Last edited:

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
Why is it so hard for some people to spell "Propst"?
Since I am the only one who actually spelled his name in this thread, I'll assume that you are tlaking to me. Try this - his name is unusual. It is not an American word. As a result, it will often be misspelled. I went to Hartselle. As far as I know, Hartselle has never played Hoover. I harbor no ill will for this man. I was simply pointing out how poorly he managed the end of that game.

Why is it that some people feel compelled to rank on others for things that are completely inconsequential? Did you not understand who we were talking about? Oh yeah, you did.

Instead of attacking something like this, next time try attacking the substance of the post...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Since I am the only one who actually spelled his name in this thread, I'll assume that you are tlaking to me. Try this - his name is unusual. It is not an American word. As a result, it will often be misspelled. I went to Hartselle. As far as I know, Hartselle has never played Hoover. I harbor no ill will for this man. I was simply pointing out how poorly he managed the end of that game.

Why is it that some people feel compelled to rank on others for things that are completely inconsequential? Did you not understand who we were talking about? Oh yeah, you did.

Instead of attacking something like this, next time try attacking the substance of the post...
I wasn't attacking your spelling or accusing you of harboring any ill will for CRP. It's just that many posters do misspell his name so frequently that it appears to be deliberate and I was a bit surprised when you did this as you normally do not resort to these types of jabs.

I didn't attend school in Hoover and do not base any of my comments on high school loyalty or such. I attended Fairfield city schools and do not recall having ever played Hartselle High but had we I'm pretty sure we would have lost. I have lived here, (Hoover) for the past 9 years and do have 2 sons attending HHS. When we decided to move here from the eastern side of Birmingham it had nothing to do with sports, as our boys were only 10 and 8 years old but had everything to do with the Hoover City school system.

I am aware of the unusual spelling of his last name but was not aware of it not being "American" in origin, so thanks for the clarification.

Lastly, I was not "attacking" any portion of your post as I agreed with you on CRP's poor decision at the end of regulation. I apparently struck a nerve with the name spelling thing and that was entirely unintentional.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.